Options

Filenames showing in gallery pages

PlumbLocoPlumbLoco Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited August 28, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
This may well be covered elsewhere but if so I haven't found it yet.

I unveiled my new site a few days ago as I was reasonably happy with what I'd got, albeit very simple (like me). I am though confused as to why filenames and captions appear on my gallery pages, though in some cases only on some photos and not others. As all my photos have captions all my galleries are set not to show filenames, yet many, though not all, do have filenames showing. So what have I got wrong - any suggestions would be gratefully received.

For instance, in this gallery:

http://plumbloco.smugmug.com/Trains/Isle-of-Wight

Some photos have filenames displayed and some not, though I have now discovered that those photos that do not have filenames showing have lost their titles in the "Edit Photo Info" box in the tools menu under each photo in the SmugMug display. The filenames do appear in the "organize site > gallery tools > captions & keywords", so why are the titles blank? If I add the titles back again, then the filenames are displayed above the caption for the photo and I find this quite annoying.

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks,

Geoff

Comments

• Options
    DonMBDonMB Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    The filename is appearing where the photo title would be, so what happens when you edit the details on those photos? I assume you'll find the title set to the file name. I forget, but maybe like keywords, if you don't assign them smugmug is setting the title to the file name -or rather it did back when you uploaded them.
  • Options
    PlumbLocoPlumbLoco Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    Thanks for that info.

The title of the photos is not set to anything - I can't find any means of specifying what goes in the "title" box. I've discovered that many of my photos have nothing in the title box so no filename shows under the photo on the gallery page. These seem to be photos that were uploaded to legacy SmugMug some time ago whereas recent uploads all have the filename in the title box.

It seems that the only way not to have the filenames showing is to delete the contents of the title box on every photo individually, which seems a complete pain...

Cheers, Geoff