Options

[Fixed] Search box broken on Android

pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
edited August 29, 2013 in Bug Reporting
My new site (not yet unveiled) has a menu on every page with a search box. I'm unable to type anything into the search box in any of the three android browsers I've tested. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this a known issue? Works on iPhone?

Dave

Comments

• Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    pilotdave wrote: »
    My new site (not yet unveiled) has a menu on every page with a search box. I'm unable to type anything into the search box in any of the three android browsers I've tested. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this a known issue? Works on iPhone?

Dave

I can see the search box in landscape format on my Android phone and tablet, not in portrait format where there just isn't enough space.
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2013
    LPC wrote: »
    I can see the search box in landscape format on my Android phone and tablet, not in portrait format where there just isn't enough space.

I can see it fine... though confusing in a horizontal menu that collapses for mobile devices because it appears only when you click the magnifying glass and doesn't look like a box to type in. But search boxes won't let me type in them. When I try, they lose focus. In one browser it starts typing in the address field, in others the keyboard just disappears when I start typing.

Dave
  • Options
    snakeey11snakeey11 Registered Users Posts: 88 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 26, 2013
    Hi Dave,

Can you post or PM me a link to your website so I can take a look?

Thanks,
    Mike
    SmugMug Sorcerer
    (and an avid landscape photographer - view my website)
  • Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    pilotdave wrote: »
    I can see it fine... though confusing in a horizontal menu that collapses for mobile devices because it appears only when you click the magnifying glass and doesn't look like a box to type in. But search boxes won't let me type in them. When I try, they lose focus. In one browser it starts typing in the address field, in others the keyboard just disappears when I start typing.

Dave

Ah, I see. I can successfully use the search box using Chrome and Firefox on my phone and my tablet headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2013
    snakeey11 wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

Can you post or PM me a link to your website so I can take a look?

Thanks,
    Mike

This bug was fixed by snakeey11. Works great now. Thanks! Smugmug, Mark this thread as fixed.

Dave
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013