Options

Rounding Corners of Images in a Feed Block?

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited August 29, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Using the methods outlined in the Rounding Image Corners worked well on my site. The only images not rounded are the ones that appear in my feed from blogger. You can see the feed, and how it looks, on my homepage in the link below.

I know it's a long shot, but is there a way to use CSS to create the same rounded corners there as well?

Comments

• Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    If it's an image it can probably be rounded. IF you can find the correct tag for it. I can try to play with it this evening. My desktop here at work is too slow to do much of anything useful.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    Using the methods outlined in the Rounding Image Corners worked well on my site. The only images not rounded are the ones that appear in my feed from blogger. You can see the feed, and how it looks, on my homepage in the link below.

I know it's a long shot, but is there a way to use CSS to create the same rounded corners there as well?
    Every image I see on your homepage has rounder corners. headscratch.gif
    Firefox23
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Every image I see on your homepage has rounder corners. headscratch.gif
    Firefox23

Really? That's odd, in every browser I use to check my site the corners of the images embedded in the feed are all squared.

Here's how Firefox sees my page today. The left side of the screen is all dedicated to a feed from my Blogger account. I thought it was a nice way to keep my homepage updated with whatever comes to mind. The other side are all direct links to my top folders, and they appear rounded.

i-c9V8vWf-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    Really? That's odd, in every browser I use to check my site the corners of the images embedded in the feed are all squared.

Here's how Firefox sees my page today. The left side of the screen is all dedicated to a feed from my Blogger account. I thought it was a nice way to keep my homepage updated with whatever comes to mind. The other side are all direct links to my top folders, and they appear rounded.
    I used the link in your siggy here so did not see your actual homepage. Now I see the square corners.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013

Try this in CSS. Maybe for "Just This Page" or higher.
    Works using WebDev.
    .sm-feed .sm-feed-item-description a img {
      border-radius: 8px;
    }

• Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Try this in CSS. Maybe for "Just This Page" or higher.
    Works using WebDev.
    .sm-feed .sm-feed-item-description a img {
      border-radius: 8px;
    }

BINGO!!!! That worked! You rock!

As for the link in the sig, it's an SEO thing that was suggested to me.