Options

Is it possible to center the gallery names and remove the icon?

VanlippeVanlippe Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited August 29, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Does anyone know if there is a CSS hack that could do the following for a Galleries “folder” using the Collage Landscape display :

1. Center the text under the image used for each gallery
2. Remove the icon that is placed at the start of each gallery name

- Richard

Comments

• Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Vanlippe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a CSS hack that could do the following for a Galleries “folder” using the Collage Landscape display :

1. Center the text under the image used for each gallery
    2. Remove the icon that is placed at the start of each gallery name

- Richard

Sure, this should center the text
    .sm-user-ui .sm-tile-content, .sm-tile-info {
        text-align: center;
    }

This should remove the icons
    .sm-tile-folder .sm-tile-type-icon:after, .sm-tile-album .sm-tile-type-icon:after {
        display: none;
    }

• Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    What an improvement. Thanks for sharing.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    VanlippeVanlippe Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Thank you
    That did it. I did a copy and paste of the code for the centering - but it couldn't figure out why it didn't work. Then I took a closer look and realized the ">" in there was probably unintentional. When I changed that to a comma it worked.

Thanks so much for this. It's was one of the last nit-picky things on my list that had me hesitating to unveil.

Like others, I can't get the favicon to work. And, the title (which I also use for descriptions) under the "current image" in each Gallery (Default SmugMug look) is not centered under the image.

But - I just now took the plunge and did the big "unveil". No going back now...

- Richard

http://www.rvanderlippe.com/
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2013
    That did it. I did a copy and paste of the code for the centering - but it couldn't figure out why it didn't work. Then I took a closer look and realized the ">" in there was probably unintentional. When I changed that to a comma it worked.

Thanks so much for this. It's was one of the last nit-picky things on my list that had me hesitating to unveil.

Like others, I can't get the favicon to work. And, the title (which I also use for descriptions) under the "current image" in each Gallery (Default SmugMug look) is not centered under the image.

- Richard

Looks good. As far as going back, why would you ever want to? The new Smugmug looks worlds better than the archaic Legacy version.

• Options
    ghostwindsghostwinds Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Where exactly do you put theis CSS code??? Im new at this and need to be walked thru..... thanks
    Thank You!

Crystal
    www.ghostwinds.com
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2013
    It needs to go in the CSS box in the "Entire site" section.

• Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013

- Richard

thanks for that. I fixed the code, just in case someone else finds this thread
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    jwashburn wrote: »
    thanks for that. I fixed the code, just in case someone else finds this thread

Well, some did find this thread.
    Thanks.

I thought that those icons were a given, didn't think there was anything to do about them. Now my site looks so much better (www.einatix.com)

This is what I like about this forum. I browse the titles of the threads and get ideas for tweaks I never would have thought about.
  • Options
    sarahksarahk Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Sorry - newbie at the CSS here. I got the second one to work (removing the icons), but the centering doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not entirely sure I'm putting in the right place... I put it in the CSS section on the advanced tab of my theme settings.

Oh wait, I see the OP is using collage landscape -- I'm using the grid layout, is it different for that?
  • Options
    sarahksarahk Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Never mind - I figured it out. My debugging skills aren't as rusty as I thought!
  • Options
    Sir_EagleSir_Eagle Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    This is a nice hack, thanks.
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    I found the thread and the centering part worked SUPER for the SmugMug Theme. THANKS!!!!! One more item down towards unveiling.