Options

HTML/CSS Hidden box

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited August 30, 2013 in Bug Reporting
When you add a HTML/CSS box to a page, and its the only object on the page, it gets 'hidden'. there is no way to hover over the object to get the options to appear. The object is listed as 'on the page' and you can access some of the options from the menu side bar, but the box itself, and unfortunately the dimensions options, are simply not accessible.

The only way I know to describe this is a a video screen capture:

i-WfSfxcp-M.jpg

• site name: digitalmason.smugmug.com
  • Problem page: homepage
  • Mac OSX Lion, Firefox 23.0.1 or Chrome 29.0.1547.62

Comments

• Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    I think the issue is more related to the slideshow css you have. If you were to remove the class="cb-slideshow", I think the html box would work again in Customize mode.

I'm not denying there's an issue here, but it's not as generic as what was reported. I think that the css being applied to cb-slideshow may somehow be clashing with the way the customizer tries to display contents, but will require further investigation.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    Thanks, but since I just cut and pasted the code, I don't know this class enough to change it.

As a test, I removed all of the HTML code, and the effect was the same: I could not see the HTML/CSS box on hover. (the screenshow no longer worked either), so I don't think this class is the culprit.

However, I do have a test page still up, where I initially built and tested this screenshow, and you are welcome to mess with it if you like:

http://digitalmason.smugmug.com/Test
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    Heya Chip,

I can get to the dimensions. You need to hover your mouse down below the outline of the HTML box a bit, towards the footer. See the screenshot. Can you try it out and let me know?

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-30%20at%2012.55.05%20AM-X3.png
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    Thanks Michael, I can not get the box to appear. I have found that with enough mousing around, eventually I can get it to appear, so there must be a magic pixel somewhere. Thats how i eventually got my homepage set, but it took hundreds of attempts, and days of just giving up.

I did create a new page, with a HTML/CSS box, and entered some harmless code in each. I was able to see and edit the box.