Options

Paul and Sarah's Pre Wedding Shoot - UK

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited August 30, 2013 in Weddings
Had a great pre-wedding shoot today with Paul and Sarah, the weather was great and they are such a lovely couple.

If today was anything to go buy then it will be a lovely wedding to photograph!

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0001.jpg

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0003.jpg

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0004.jpg

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0006.jpg

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0009.jpg

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0014.jpg

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0017.jpg

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0019.jpg

Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0021.jpg

10 I'm so annoyed I didn't shoot a little lower so her neck isn't cut! Oh well......
Plymouth-Wedding-Photography-Paul-and-Sarah-0022.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• Options
    mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    It is good set with some of them trying to capture connection between couple, like your try but first one looses point of interest because you are trying to cover too much and couple is getting lost in frame.
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2012
    mjoshi123 wrote: »
    It is good set with some of them trying to capture connection between couple, like your try but first one looses point of interest because you are trying to cover too much and couple is getting lost in frame.

Thanks for taking time to reply :)

At this size the first does make the couple look small, but when I'm looking to sell large wall prints then it will often be this sort of thing. The smaller a couple are (within reason) the larger they will print ;)

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    I love the DOF of most of them. I'm sure they'll be very happy to see these. :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    innershellinnershell Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Lovely photos, great colors, and good exposure on all of them. But I have a question for other photogs here ... is the DOF on #3 too shallow? I find myself fixating at the guy because I can kinda see a smile through that bokeh. For me, I think a DOF that included the guy would bring more meaning and depth to the photo.

Am I alone in that feeling?
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2012
    Thanks a lot everyone for your thoughts, always very helpful to get input from other photographers!

• Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2012
    Hi Mark1616

I don't like the harsh light in 2, 3, 5 & 6.
    I agree #10 needs more space at the bottom.
    My favs are 4 & 9.

Take Care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    Nikon D300S, 50mm 1.4D, 18-200mm VR, 70-300 VR.
    www.aperturefocus.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Hi Mark1616

My favs are 4 & 9.

Take Care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    Nikon D300S, 50mm 1.4D, 18-200mm VR, 70-300 VR.
    www.aperturefocus.com
    On the contrary, I think #2, 5, and 6 are awesome *BECAUSE* of the use of contrasty light. #3 is a little bit less than perfect because the bright patch of sunlight on her hair is a bit bigger than in the other images, but overall it's a great use of harsh light.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2012
    Hi Mark1616

My favs are 4 & 9.
    On the contrary, I think #2, 5, and 6 are awesome *BECAUSE* of the use of contrasty light. #3 is a little bit less than perfect because the bright patch of sunlight on her hair is a bit bigger than in the other images, but overall it's a great use of harsh light.

=Matt=

Thanks for your thoughts on these guys.

Matt, I'm sure you 'suffer' from this sort of light far more than we do here in the UK. I personally love the rim lit look and pretty much without putting someone into shade (which isn't always available) it is the best way to handle harsh sun.

• Options
    edited March 19, 2012
    Matt, just noticed on http://www.linandjirsablog.com/associates/ it says "produce amazing imagery and exception client service." I'm guessing that should read exceptional rather than exception.

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    Matt, just noticed on http://www.linandjirsablog.com/associates/ it says "produce amazing imagery and exception client service." I'm guessing that should read exceptional rather than exception.

Thanks Mark! I've pointed it out to our web team. ;-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    avangardphotoavangardphoto Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2012
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited April 4, 2012
    I think you did a great job handling the height difference. Love the rim light!
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    Oh, wow - that light you don't like is what many photographers would die to capture. Love all the back-lighting here. Great set.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    mjoshi123 wrote: »

Ditto...my thoughts also.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    sara505 wrote: »
    Oh, wow - that light you don't like is what many photographers would die to capture. Love all the back-lighting here. Great set.

I agree...I lOVE the lighting! Wonderful photos.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    Aspecto5 wrote: »
    I love the DOF of most of them. I'm sure they'll be very happy to see these. :B

Yes indeed!!!!
  • Options
    rcrjphotosrcrjphotos Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    I would say to be careful about shooting up someone's nose. Other than that I think you did a pretty good job with this couple. It helps when they wear richer colors and that's when it's your place to instruct them on what looks in portraits or photos. They will more than likely appreciate your direction before the actual shoot.