Options

Show Filename AND Caption

KyleCKyleC Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited August 31, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
My image have captions, but I also need the filename to appear under the image. The only setting I can find is "Show Filenames *if an image has no caption, turning this feature on will display the filename instead"

I do not want these to be mutually exclusive. Is this possible with CSS customization of the gallery page?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Good idea! I didn't think to pursue this and just copy the filename into the Caption. I'll see if I can find a way to show both (assuming both are sent to the client/browser).

Andy

Edit -- after a medium-quick search I couldn't see the filename in the page source. So unless I missed it there physically isn't a way to "show it".
  • Options
    KyleCKyleC Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    Hm, this is a huge bummer for me. The old smugmug it was an easy css fix!
  • Options
    PlumbLocoPlumbLoco Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Hmmm, I've been having the opposite problem in that filenames do show as well as captions and I don't want them to!

It seems the filenames appear in the "title" box in the edit > photo details list under the wrench in SmugMug view. I have been deleting the filenames from the title box individually which is something of a pain as filenames seem to automatically appear in this box and I've no idea how to prevent that.

Presumably, in your case the filenames are not appearing in the title box but presumably you can add them here and then they show up - see this gallery for an example:

http://plumbloco.smugmug.com/Trains/August-2013

(Not my most exciting gallery!)

Cheers, Geoff