Options

A walk in the mountains

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited September 1, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Couple of shots from a hike up in the mountains.
Randy

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    Randy,

Nice shots. clap.gifclapclap.gif

One question: Why did you use a 400mm lens for a shron and flower shot? headscratch.gifscratch

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2013
    Howdy Sam,

Because it was about 6 miles back to the truck where my other lenses were :D

Thanks for looking!

Sam wrote: »
    Randy,

Nice shots. clap.gifclapclap.gif

One question: Why did you use a 400mm lens for a shron and flower shot? headscratch.gifscratch

Sam
    Randy
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,848 moderator
    edited August 29, 2013
    Excellent compositionally and wonderful use of color and texture. thumb.gifclap
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    You should be so lucky, pard. A divine hand must have guided me to the forum today....just in time to catch you with this major indiscretion. I don't blame you for trying to be sneaky about the whole thing. But this is prima facie evidence that you are a closet " flower shooter ". It's bad enough that we don't get treated to your talents very often these days....but THIS speaks volumes about your hidden proclivities.

BTW, this is really good work on your part.thumb.gif

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Excellent compositionally and wonderful use of color and texture. thumb.gifclap

Thanks for looking and your very kind comments Ziggy!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    You should be so lucky, pard. A divine hand must have guided me to the forum today....just in time to catch you with this major indiscretion. I don't blame you for trying to be sneaky about the whole thing. But this is prima facie evidence that you are a closet " flower shooter ". It's bad enough that we don't get treated to your talents very often these days....but THIS speaks volumes about your hidden proclivities.

BTW, this is really good work on your part.thumb.gif

Take care, buddy,

Tom

Howdy Pard,

You know, in the Old West, pard's had each others back.

Let's just say that during a hunting trip in the woods, your pard's pistol accidentally fires when a limb catches and cocks his gun, then another limb accidentally catches on the trigger and fires the gun, hitting some random flower.

Would you ride into town and tell everyone that he "shot" a flower?

No, I think not...

It is of unworldly coincident that this very situation might have...could have...Ummm...may have... happened in my case. As I was dizzy with the altitude, it's hard to remember exactly, but I seem to remember that a limb brushed up against my camera and turned the switch on. Then, a little later, as I was crawling through the woods looking for water, another limb accidentally hit the shutter button.

I of course, had NO control over where the camera was pointed at this unfortunate time in my life!

So, when you rode into town, what did you tell everyone??? ne_nau.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    Howdy Pard,

You know, in the Old West, pard's had each others back.

Let's just say that during a hunting trip in the woods, your pard's pistol accidentally fires when a limb catches and cocks his gun, then another limb accidentally catches on the trigger and fires the gun, hitting some random flower.

Would you ride into town and tell everyone that he "shot" a flower?

No, I think not...

It is of unworldly coincident that this very situation might have...could have...Ummm...may have... happened in my case. As I was dizzy with the altitude, it's hard to remember exactly, but I seem to remember that a limb brushed up against my camera and turned the switch on. Then, a little later, as I was crawling through the woods looking for water, another limb accidentally hit the shutter button.

I of course, had NO control over where the camera was pointed at this unfortunate time in my life!

So, when you rode into town, what did you tell everyone??? ne_nau.gif

I've got to give you credit, pard. That's about the most blatant diversionary jabber I've ever heard. Unfortunately for you, it's not going help a bit in shifting focus away from your sins. After talking this whole thing over with some of the posse members, our inquiring minds have only one remaining question.....what's coming next? Will it be roses or tulips?

Talk to you soon,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Beautiful photos thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Beautiful photos thumb.gif

Hi Mary,

Hope your doing well. Thanks for your kind comment.
    Randy
  • Options
    rcrjphotosrcrjphotos Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    Love the vivid colors of the those flowers. What a nice area to shoot nature.

Photographers San Antonio Texas
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    rcrjphotos wrote: »
    Love the vivid colors of the those flowers. What a nice area to shoot nature.

Photographers San Antonio Texas

Appreciate that!
    Randy