edited August 28, 2013
    You think your tap water is any better?

Sam
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited August 29, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    eek7.gif

The Forest Service tried "Don't pee in the river" signs a while ago but nothing changed. So they added a fine for peeing less than a 150' from the river. Still, nothing changed. Now, the fine is double and it includes prison time-and the deer keep peeing in the river. lol3.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Sam wrote: »
    You think your tap water is any better?

Sam

That's why I don't drink tap water!

I'm afraid that they just use the water pulled from city swimming pools eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    Howdy Ian,

Yeah, apparently those deer can't read very well.

But, at least that stuff they put in the water that turns blue if it's peed in works!
    ian408 wrote: »
    The Forest Service tried "Don't pee in the river" signs a while ago but nothing changed. So they added a fine for peeing less than a 150' from the river. Still, nothing changed. Now, the fine is double and it includes prison time-and the deer keep peeing in the river. lol3.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    What happened Randy? Run-out of flowers to shoot? lol3.gif(Tom told me to say that!)

This reminds me of a slogan I heard for an adult beverage.... Bear Whiz Beer - It's in the water! :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    You were in the right spot at the 'right time' rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    What happened Randy? Run-out of flowers to shoot? lol3.gif(Tom told me to say that!)

This reminds me of a slogan I heard for an adult beverage.... Bear Whiz Beer - It's in the water! :D

Howdy Eric,

Hope you and Tom know that I'll be sittin' back in the trees just waitin' and watchin' for one tiny infraction by either of ya'...

There, I've got a pretty good spot now... I can see both of ya'

Carry on...
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    Dogdots wrote: »
    You were in the right spot at the 'right time' rolleyes1.gif

You know Mary, it's scenes like this that seem to just take away your normal thoughts like; aren't they a classy animal eek7.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    DonFischerDonFischer Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    That's no big thing, just get a drink upstream!
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    Howdy Eric,

Hope you and Tom know that I'll be sittin' back in the trees just waitin' and watchin' for one tiny infraction by either of ya'...

There, I've got a pretty good spot now... I can see both of ya'

Carry on...

Eric.....a bit of caution. I've been dealing with ole Randy ( the Texas Tornado ) for some time now. Least you have any doubt, that old boy is one hardened hombre. He's putting the evil eye on us both....hoping to unsettle us, maybe give him an opportunity to swoop in for the kill.

Rest assured, we can't cut the boy any slack....regardless of his hostile threats. On the other hand, though, we'd both better remain on red alert status. That old rounder is relentless and has a memory second to none.

Keep your guard up,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Eric.....a bit of caution. I've been dealing with ole Randy ( the Texas Tornado ) for some time now. Least you have any doubt, that old boy is one hardened hombre. He's putting the evil eye on us both....hoping to unsettle us, maybe give him an opportunity to swoop in for the kill.

Rest assured, we can't cut the boy any slack....regardless of his hostile threats. On the other hand, though, we'd both better remain on red alert status. That old rounder is relentless and has a memory second to none.

Keep your guard up,

Tom

Well, I'll tell ya' Mr. Tom... I ain't skeeered o' no flower stompin', Nikon slingin', BIG talkin', Texan dudes.
    I gots a fully loaded Canon Equalizer what will put hiz sorry behind a runnin' - that, and I kinda likes flower pitchers anyhow - so there! :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    Seems we're lucky in the UK then - apart from times when there's a mains breakage (very rare in my experience) the water's fine.

Might be different in your neck' o the woods, but getting people here thinking they've got to buy the bottled stuff has got be one of the bigger PR / marketing success stunts going ... and that's not even considering the environmental impact of discarded bottles + transportation impact of carting the stuff around the country.

Do I take a bottle of water out with me on trips - sure, but filled from the tap. Same with all other members of the family - and we ensure we ask for 'tap' water if going out for a meal - for which they can't charge.

Anyway, I'd have thought that getting one of the NASA inspired filter systems used in bottles would've been a better way to go these days, for anyone being away for long periods in the 'wilds' ?

pp