Options

Better Management of "Items I Choose" for navigation blocks.

MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
edited September 1, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I am not sure if this has been a feature request yet. I looked through the list and did not see this request exactly.

For "Multiple photos", Galleries, and "pages, galleries, and photos" navigation blocks, I would like the following:

Currently, I can choose the items to appear in the navigation block, and they will appear in the order that I select: at least for the "pages, galleries, and photos".

1. I would like to add another item to the block at a later time without having to go through and select them all again.
2. I would like the ability to adjust the order after I have made the selections.

I am really excited about using this feature to highlight my latest stuff, but right now if I choose 10 galleries, and a few photos, having to make the reselection of all items to change the order or add just another item is a deal breaker.

Comments

• Options
    GRBlizzGRBlizz Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    MomaZunk wrote: »
    I am not sure if this has been a feature request yet. I looked through the list and did not see this request exactly.

For "Multiple photos", Galleries, and "pages, galleries, and photos" navigation blocks, I would like the following:

Currently, I can choose the items to appear in the navigation block, and they will appear in the order that I select: at least for the "pages, galleries, and photos".

1. I would like to add another item to the block at a later time without having to go through and select them all again.
    2. I would like the ability to adjust the order after I have made the selections.

I am really excited about using this feature to highlight my latest stuff, but right now if I choose 10 galleries, and a few photos, having to make the reselection of all items to change the order or add just another item is a deal breaker.

1. You can already do this. Try it. When you open the selection tool, it will show how many are selected in the top right corner.

2. I completely agree. If anyone knows how to do that, please share.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    #1. No you cannot do this. When I open the selection tool to add just one more item, it shows 0 of the items that were selected previously. You have to reselect everything again!
  • Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    You're correct. It doesn't work for the 'folders, galleries and pages' block. It does work for the galleries block.
    I'll pass this on as a feature request.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    Thanks
  • Options
    GRBlizzGRBlizz Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    mrneutron wrote: »
    You're correct. It doesn't work for the 'folders, galleries and pages' block. It does work for the galleries block.
    I'll pass this on as a feature request.

Aha. Sorry for giving you bad info! Glad the Heros sorted it out.