Traffic-XL.jpg

Somewhere on a trail
Nite%20Lights-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    I really like the last shot, Eric. thumb.gif The first two shots serve to reinforce my feelings about living in SoCal.....I don't want any part of that scene. Probably a couple of bad experiences I've had with traffic out there has tainted my perceptions.:D

See you,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited August 17, 2013
    I love the last as well. Not many (if any) places to legally ride mtb's in this area.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    I really like the last shot, Eric. thumb.gif The first two shots serve to reinforce my feelings about living in SoCal.....I don't want any part of that scene. Probably a couple of bad experiences I've had with traffic out there has tainted my perceptions.:D

See you,

Tom

Awww... come-on Tom :D... we ain't really all that bad (LA does suck deal.gif).
    San Diego's official motto is "America's Finest City" and our Mayor Filner is
    more than willing to hug you and kiss you until you feel completely welcome. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the look! Take care and have fun!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    I love the last as well. Not many (if any) places to legally ride mtb's in this area.
    Hi Ian, glad you like it!
    Grabbed that shot with my newly acquired Samsung Galaxy S4 - all-in-all a pretty good camera - 13 megapixels and such.

Yeah, finding "legal" trails that MTB'ers actually want to ride is increasingly challenging down here also.
    There are some pretty decent established areas still accessible,
    but urban-sprawl, environmental concerns, and land-use changes have closed many of the favorite spots.
    Where this shot was taken is very popular but only "quasi" legal and very close to a point which
    - if you keep going - gets you in trouble with the (dreaded) Federal Government - you know - black helicopters, narrow black ties, and the NSA. :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Also like the last shot. You need to come to try some trails in my neck of the woods!
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    ......You need to come to try some trails in my neck of the woods!

You got that right Cristóbal - Utah/Colorado are definitely on my to-do list, not to mention the photo-ops in your region also.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    You got that right Cristóbal - Utah/Colorado are definitely on my to-do list, not to mention the photo-ops in your region also.

Just let me know and I'll point to good trails that often have good photo ops.
  • Options
    Stella7dStella7d Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    These are great! I love the beach but not sure I could handle the crowds. I especially like the last shot!! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    Stella7d wrote: »
    These are great! I love the beach but not sure I could handle the crowds. I especially like the last shot!! clap.gif
    Thanks Stella7d - actually, as Cal beaches go, this one is pretty mellow... and a swim in the big pond makes it worth the trip. thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 30, 2013
    "Somewhere on a trail" is very good! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2013
    Angelo wrote: »
    "Somewhere on a trail" is very good!

Hey Angelo! Thanks for the comment - appreciate the feedback!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    The beach shots remind me of beach scenes in "Jaws"

Your last shot, which I like; I'm surprised that your coal miners ride bikes to work 😜
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    ....I'm surprised that your coal miners ride bikes to work 😜

Oh... Ok... I see - so it's gonna' be like that huh? :D
    Tom was right.... lol3.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    Dig the pics too, especially the last one. Night riding is way fun, makes a familiar trail seem new! We have our own access issues here too, especially for night riding.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    bike21 wrote: »
    Dig the pics too, especially the last one. Night riding is way fun, makes a familiar trail seem new! We have our own access issues here too, especially for night riding.

Hi Nick - thanks for the look!

Night riding is super fun, thumb.gif and at this time of year, the only time-of-day tolerable (temperature-wise) most days.
    I'm surprised that y'all have access issues up there as it's my (probably misinformed) impression
    that the wide-open spaces and the lifestyle philosophy of outdoor recreation would provide more opportunites than SoCal.
    MTB'ers do have a bit of an image problem that undoubtedly adds to the denial of access issue.
    It's probably good that I'm a Geezer Edition of MTB'er - the only thing I'm a danger to, is me! mwink.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    I'm surprised that y'all have access issues up there as it's my (probably misinformed) impression that the wide-open spaces and the lifestyle philosophy of outdoor recreation would provide more opportunites than SoCal.

Yeah, I was surprised when I moved here too. It is more of a Front Range Denver/Boulder issue than the rest of Colorado. Similar to SoCal, too many people with too many different interests. The NIMBY crowd here in Boulder is rampant and it's damn hard to get access to new trails. I belong to the local mountain bike alliance and am an active patroller to help our image and stature in the community. We are making progress, but is a big challenge!