Options

Home/Browse/Search on my Homepage?

BeemerChefBeemerChef Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
edited September 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
OK, I changed the question as I solved what is below.

However, unless someone clicks on "Browse" there is no sign of the present Galleries on the Home page.

Anyone knows how to?

So... struggling here. Not too savvy with all of this and yes, I have read and read some more!

I just lost my Home / Browse / Search on my Homepage and it only shows then when another page [Gallery] is open.

I miss the fact that I had distinct Galleries when viewers opened my Homepage, now all I have are photos I have placed.

None of this is too easy I realize, yet, maybe someone might have a tip for me!

Thanks. Stay well.

Ara and Spirit
The Oasis of my Soul our Blog and Life Therapy...
My Gallery in progress...
On the road, homeless, with my buddy Spirit...

Comments

• Options
    Sir_EagleSir_Eagle Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    Make your menu a drop down nav bar and/or add more links to your menu.
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    BeemerChef wrote: »
    unless someone clicks on "Browse" there is no sign of the present Galleries on the Home page.
    Anyone knows how to?

Do you mean that you want gallery thumbs on your homepage?
    If so, you can add a galleries block:
    Customize Site > Homepage > Content tab > Navigation drawer > Galleries block.

BTW, all your galleries are in one folder, so this seems to me as a redundant level. I click browse, and there's nothing to choose from there - not until the next click which brings me to the galleries.
    If you are not categorizing the galleries into different folders, you can consider moving them to the root level.

Mr. Spirit's photo, running in a water canal is wonderful.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    einat wrote: »

BTW, all your galleries are in one folder, so this seems to me as a redundant level. I click browse, and there's nothing to choose from there - not until the next click which brings me to the galleries.
    If you are not categorizing the galleries into different folders, you can consider moving them to the root level.

Hi Einat

Thank You.

Unfortunately I am one of those where that part of the brain that deals with such computer aspects does not function well at all. I knew something was wrong even in the old SmuMug!
    Do you think I can still categorize them in folders and "root level" I don't understand...
    I am about ready to pay someone to do it for me! Yes, it is that bad...
    Stay well...
    Ara and Spirit
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    einat wrote: »

I made a folder for each Gallery... Wonder if this is still redundant? Looks better...
    Thanks. Ara and Spirit
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    I made a folder for each Gallery... Wonder if this is still redundant? Looks better...
    Thanks. Ara and Spirit

I think it still is. When clicking "browse", I get a page where I have to choose from a few folders.
    Then another click - and I get a page with just one gallery and I hve to choose\click it, and only then - the photos.
    In the organizer, you can drag the galleris directly under the first level - whixh is you name. It's where the folders are right now.

But don't worry about it, if it's frustrating then leave it as it is. It's only my opinion and your photos are worth the extra click.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    OK, I changed the question as I solved what is below.

However, unless someone clicks on "Browse" there is no sign of the present Galleries on the Home page.

Anyone knows how to?

Ara and Spirit

in customize > home page
    drag a gallery box into the main field ( or whatever you want in there )
    - add content block - navigation - + - ...........