Options

Folder description font?

Dave17Dave17 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited September 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Is there a way to change the font size on the folder description text? I have long folder names and they are getting truncated --> see image

Thanks,

--Dave
--Dave

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Dave17 wrote: »
    Is there a way to change the font size on the folder description text? I have long folder names and they are getting truncated --> see image

Thanks,

--Dave
    I managed to change the font size and color with this. Size was to try to fit the whole gallery name in.
    First line is my comment so I know what it is. /* */ tags don't seem to work, bugged.
    [COLOR="Red"]xxxxxxx.gallery names under sub-cat thumbs, [/COLOR]
    .sm-tiles-grid ul li a p {
      font-size: 95%!important;
      padding-left: 0!important;
      padding-right: 0!important;
      color: gold!important;
    }

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Allen,

I tried using your code but saw no change. I am probably trying to put it in the wrong place.

I tried adding a "CSS" block with your code to both the folders customize page and then the galleries customize page. Neither had any effect.

Am I adding the code in the right place and the correct way?

Thanks,

--Dave
    --Dave
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    Cool beans, I may need this.
  • Options
    sarahksarahk Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    Allen,

I tried using your code but saw no change. I am probably trying to put it in the wrong place.

I tried adding a "CSS" block with your code to both the folders customize page and then the galleries customize page. Neither had any effect.

Thanks,

--Dave

You have to enter it in the theme settings. While you are in one of your folders, go to Customize Site, and click on the Theme tab (next to the Content tab). By the active theme, click on the wrench to bring up the settings window. Then, go to the advanced tab. Enter the CSS in the CSS field.

I have the same problem with lengthy gallery titles. I ended up switching the titles to "Covering" because it wraps the title, but I don't really like it because it obscures the feature photos. See here: http://sarah-k.smugmug.com/Travel

I tried the CSS, but to fit some of the longer titles, I had to make the font so small, you'd need a microscope to actually read it. I just wish it would wrap for longer titles!

I added my request on feedback.smugmug.com, so please add some votes if you have any! http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/4257118-new-smugmug-more-options-for-the-display-of-titl
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Allen,

Thanks,

--Dave
    I have done nothing in themes except click some settings. I added it to my entire site CSS.
  • Options
    sarahksarahk Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I have done nothing in themes except click some settings. I added it to my entire site CSS.

Would you mind explaining how to get to that setting? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    sarahk wrote: »
    Would you mind explaining how to get to that setting? Thanks!
    On any page when in customize mode on the right at the top of flyout drawer click "entire site" to
    highlight it. Look to the left and see if a CSS APP PLACEHOLDER is there. Is so hover it and click
    wrench. If there is none drag one over from the bottom of the flyout drawer under Add Content Blocks.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Just out of curiosity, where it says "color," can you use HTML # color codes? Or do actually have to write, "black, red, or whatever??
  • Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, where it says "color," can you use HTML # color codes? Or do actually have to write, "black, red, or whatever??

You can use either.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    I have finally figured out how to wrap long gallery titles in the "grid" format folders.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1905854&postcount=95
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Allen, when I click on your link in the post about I only get a blank white page. Can you provide more info on the wrapped folder text?
    Thanks,
    --Dave
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Never one - it worked this time
    --Dave