Options

Slideshow not working on IE8 and IE9; Works on Chrome and iPad

mhcooperphotographymhcooperphotography Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited September 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Thought I could find this answer but after searching could not find anything on browser compatibility ... that made sense. So here goes ... hopefully someone can help with a little info

I just converted over my site. It took me a little time to figure out all the little ins and outs but I think I have it up and running ... But the slideshow does not work in the versions of Internet Exploer I am running. I checked my site on two different PCs and the slide show does not come up. I also checked it on a MAC. I did find his site, but not sure it is for the New Smugmug:
http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93252
In addition, it seems to indicate IE9 should work ... but it does not.

Here are the details:
Works on:
The site works perfectly on Chrome Ver: 29.01547.62m as well as my iPad. I beleive I am running 6.1.2 as it currently is telling me to updat to 6.1.3. But Smugmug slideshow works fine on what I have.

Does not work on:
IE 8 ver: 8.0.7 and IE 9 Ver: 9.0.8 (Note: I even deleted all the tempory files, cookies, etc. and it still did not work on either version).
MAC OSX ver: 10.5.8 with Safari Ver: 5.0.5

As for my old site I used to run the slide show with the JavaScript but for my new site I use the embeded slideshow container. There is a little custom CSS code I started to play with but it is for text and a drop shadow on the slideshow.

Any help/suggestiion/information would be appreciated. Other than the slidshow issue, the Pages, Folders, and Galleries seem to display correctly.

Mike Cooper
www.mhcooperphotography.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    charlesdalycharlesdaly Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Thought I could find this answer but after searching could not find anything on browser compatibility ... that made sense. So here goes ... hopefully someone can help with a little info

I just converted over my site. It took me a little time to figure out all the little ins and outs but I think I have it up and running ... But the slideshow does not work in the versions of Internet Exploer I am running. I checked my site on two different PCs and the slide show does not come up. I also checked it on a MAC. I did find his site, but not sure it is for the New Smugmug:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93252
    In addition, it seems to indicate IE9 should work ... but it does not.

Here are the details:
    Works on:
    The site works perfectly on Chrome Ver: 29.01547.62m as well as my iPad. I beleive I am running 6.1.2 as it currently is telling me to updat to 6.1.3. But Smugmug slideshow works fine on what I have.

Does not work on:
    IE 8 ver: 8.0.7 and IE 9 Ver: 9.0.8 (Note: I even deleted all the tempory files, cookies, etc. and it still did not work on either version).
    MAC OSX ver: 10.5.8 with Safari Ver: 5.0.5

As for my old site I used to run the slide show with the JavaScript but for my new site I use the embeded slideshow container. There is a little custom CSS code I started to play with but it is for text and a drop shadow on the slideshow.

Any help/suggestiion/information would be appreciated. Other than the slidshow issue, the Pages, Folders, and Galleries seem to display correctly.

Mike Cooper
    www.mhcooperphotography.smugmug.com
    Mike, what slide show are you using? Your slide show does not show up on my ie10, ff or chrome. I went to a laptop for ie9 also, no slide show. Your galleries show up on all four browsers. That makes me think it's your ss. Is it that css3 slide show?
    Thanks!
    Charles
    Port Credit. Canada
    http://charlesdalyphotography.com
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Mike, what slide show are you using? Your slide show does not show up on my ie10, ff or chrome. I went to a laptop for ie9 also, no slide show. Your galleries show up on all four browsers. That makes me think it's your ss. Is it that css3 slide show?

For this version I am using the slideshow that comes with the new version of Smugmug. As far as I know it does not ask anything about CSS version.

My old (legacy) site used to use the JFriend HTML 5 version of a slideshow. I got that code from the dgrin web site but smugmug does not support that as it used Java code. At least that is what I thought which is why I did not try and use it.

I am more confused/concerned that you could not get it to run on chrome.

Mike
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    GOOD NEWS

I figured out the problem ...

I had set the gallery to PRIVATE.

I switched the Gallery to UNLISTED

It now works on all versions of IE that I have tested it on (IE8 and IE9).
    I assume it will also work on my MAC.

Thanks to all who was looking into this.

Mike