Options

Need some help customizing the galleries and light box.

Emmanuel CoupeEmmanuel Coupe Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited September 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Playing around with the new themes and there are two things I would like to ask for your help.
Have a look at my prints (gallery) section- http://emmanuelcoupe.smugmug.com/Landscape-Portfolio/Limited-Edition-Prints - and look at the last image that has text to the side. I uploaded this one as a sample of what I would like to do with all of them. So my simple question is can I add text next to the image?

My other question relates to the galleries. I want to have one gallery (my prints page) and divide it by doing the following format:

{name/title}

Thumbnails……

{name/title}

Thumbnails……

Essentially making it one flowing gallery of thumbnails with titles in between and with the
appropriate spacing to make them more separate.

Can I do that?
www.emmanuelcoupe.com

"Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth. We did not weave the web of life; We are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselvs.." Chief Seattle

Comments

• Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    anyone?
    www.emmanuelcoupe.com

"Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth. We did not weave the web of life; We are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselvs.." Chief Seattle
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    one more bump!
    www.emmanuelcoupe.com

• Options
    edited September 6, 2013
    No one can help or suggest something?
    www.emmanuelcoupe.com

• Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2013
    No one can help or suggest something?

Hi Emmanuel.

Try creating a page, add a photo block as content, select stretchy width and set width to say 80% and select photo. Add a text block below the image and set width to 20%. I found it easier to place the text block below the photo and then move it. Move text block to beside the photo and adjust top margin. Takes some patience to get the green area OK to place or move the blocks. Adjust fonts, colours etc. to suit.

I did this test to illustrate http://paultavares.smugmug.com/Pages/Test

I think you can do the same for the second part by inserting galleries and text blocks on a page.

By the way, great images.

Paul
    http://paultavares.smugmug.com/