Options

Red Squirrels

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited September 6, 2013 in Wildlife
A couple of red squirrel shots I took a couple of days ago.
Bob.
RF1A0150-X3.jpg
RF1A0030-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2013
    You're lucky to have such subjects (presumably) nearby, Bob - even though Harry'd not agree :) ... but for my money a better shot would've been a modified combo of these 2.

Either pose + background of 2 on the post of 1 ... but lower @ the squirrel's eye level (if possible) ... having the 'hand of human' in shot from both the visible food and cut stump top spoil the 2nd for me.
    If pose 1, better eye contact - rather than a shot taken from a slightly rear quarter.

All with the usual caveats re subjectivity + lb of Saxa, of course :)

pp
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2013
    You're lucky to have such subjects (presumably) nearby, Bob - even though Harry'd not agree :) ... but for my money a better shot would've been a modified combo of these 2.

Either pose + background of 2 on the post of 1 ... but lower @ the squirrel's eye level (if possible) ... having the 'hand of human' in shot from both the visible food and cut stump top spoil the 2nd for me.
    If pose 1, better eye contact - rather than a shot taken from a slightly rear quarter.

All with the usual caveats re subjectivity + lb of Saxa, of course :)

pp

Thanks PP for looking and taking the time to reply very much appreciated and noted.
    Bob