Options

Public folders within unlisted folders?

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited September 10, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I can't see that this is possible.

I don't want the folder containing my personal photos to be displayed with other (public) folders on my Browse page. I want to direct visitors to this folder directly from another option on my menu bar, where they will be immediately confronted with password protection before all folders within are then displayed and made available.

Unfortunately, if I make my (top level) Personal folder unlisted so it will not appear on the Browse page, I appear to have no option but for all folders within to inherit unlisted status - so my visitors will not be able to see them after they have submitted the correct password.

I thought i might get around this by creating an alternative page to the standard Browse page containing all the other folders I want displayed, but there seems to be no way to add image content at the folder level - just individual photos or galleries.

Is my understanding correct? If so, why cannot folders within unlisted folders be public? Is there any alternative approach to achieve what I want?

Comments