Options

"Get A Link" Menu Missing from Collected Photos

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited September 12, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I've been working with a couple of sites who want to embed my images. I want them to use the code provided by SM in the "Get a Link" menu on the "Embeddable Links" tab. I just discovered that collected photos in a gallery do not display that menu. I checked to be sure it was turned on in the gallery settings, and it is.

Here's an example.

This is the same photo in two places, a collected image gallery, and it's original.

The collected versions lack the menu.

i-3zk748m-L.jpg

Originals are OK.

i-6bGDbNs-L.jpg

Please fix this soon, as it's easier for me to create a custom gallery of specific images for a client to choose from rather than have them hunt down originals all over the place.

Comments

• Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    Hey Darter02,

The images in the original gallery will need to have the appropriate settings in place. Easy Sharing and External embedding both must be set to yes. Remember, the collected gallery is a virtual copy, and will retain your settings from the original gallery.

Please be sure to check those, and once you do, things should work for you.

If you still have trouble, email us and include a link to the collected gallery, and maybe the specific link you're trying to embed.

Thanks!
    Lindy
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    All of my public galleries, except one, have the exact same quick settings with the only difference being whether I choose Ascending or Descending order. They all have the exact same privacy settings. External Embedding is ON.

Here are two images from the same gallery. The first one is hosted in the gallery, the second is a collected photo.

You can "get a link" in this "hosted in the same gallery" photo.

You cannot "get a link" in this collected photo in the same gallery as the first example.

I'm seeing this logged out, using Chrome.
  • Options
    Also, this happens all across my site. ALL collected photos are missing the "get a link" menu.
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    There is one thing I might caution you about that may, or may not be of concern to you. In Legacy Smugmug when you did "Get a Link" you got a persistent link that would still work even if you moved your galleries into different categories or otherwise reorganized.

I've found in new Smugmug this is no longer true. If I "get a link" and then move things around, the links break. I reported this but haven't gotten any updates on it for a long time. (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=240063).
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2013
    I didn't know those links would break. Thankfully I haven't moved stuff around too much, other than a couple of business galleries.

A big issue for me is that in Collage Landscape those links completely disappear. Here's a thread I started about it.