Options

Valerie

Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
edited September 12, 2013 in People
Heres a pic of my oldest daughter who seems to look older by the week. She was actually helping me setup before a session and this capture really grew on me. Some minor edits and I'm actually pleased w/ it. She loves it and that in itself makes me like as much as I do. Decided to share and hear your thoughts. Beauty Dish top left and Speedlight behind her towards a brown sweep.

9722160748_9677fe4f55_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 11, 2013
    She's gorgeous and your lighting is perfect. She's got a terrific connection with the camera here, I can see why she likes it.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    Ooh, this is lovely! Color, lighting, pose, expression--all just perfect.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    Very nice Gaby. I ditto the comments above.

What are you using as a backdrop. I like it.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    Technically perfect but I find the pose very awkward. She is shrugging her shoulders up and forward and she is slouching a bit. I think you could coach her into a better pose and get something really stunning.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    Very nice Gaby. I ditto the comments above.

What are you using as a backdrop. I like it.

Thanks everyone. I have 3 daughters and all are not afraid of a lense in there face. I spent alot of time shooting them while in actuality i'm just experimenting w/ light sources... This was literally a sit here while I tune in the BD and speedlight for a scheduled shoot I had coming up about an hour later. Alex, the backdrop is just a 6' roll of Coco Bown paper. Very quick run through in LR using the basic adjustments then brought the image in PS and layered a texture as a overlay abut 35%. Cleaned it up w/ a mask to remove it from her and keep it in the background. Same effect I have used in other images I have posted. I haven't done it lately, I been using the sweep color these last couple month. Figured I have some fun and get back to it. I lke to do it very subtle where you would think its actually the background.
  • Options
    Technically perfect but I find the pose very awkward. She is shrugging her shoulders up and forward and she is slouching a bit. I think you could coach her into a better pose and get something really stunning.

Thanks.. As mentioned this was literally 1 of 3 shots taken just to adjust my BD, it actually wasn't even expected to go as far as being saved. decided to play w/ it quickly and it grew on me. Her mom was calling her to help w/ dinner so I didn't have time to have her sit and get serious. Main concern was adjusting my lights so it'll be set for the actual shoot ahead before the person arrived.
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    Fantastic lighting and great eyes!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    A great shot and processing. Agree with Jack on awkard pose and too much arm but it wasn't meant to be a strict portrait.
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2013
    Lovely picture, you have the skills to bring to people at their best. Well done, not only for the composition but also the PP is beautiful
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2013
    Gaby617 wrote: »
    Thanks.. As mentioned this was literally 1 of 3 shots taken just to adjust my BD, it actually wasn't even expected to go as far as being saved. decided to play w/ it quickly and it grew on me. Her mom was calling her to help w/ dinner so I didn't have time to have her sit and get serious. Main concern was adjusting my lights so it'll be set for the actual shoot ahead before the person arrived.

Yeah I got that, and it's great for what it is. But you asked for our thoughts so, there ya go. thumb.gif
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.