Options

I'd like to make ONE gallery have different color settings

wibubbawibubba Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited September 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've got one gallery that I'm going to use as a blog with Journal style in the New SmugMug. I find white text on a dark background very annoying and hard to read.

I'd like to be able to take that one gallery and make the background behind the photos and text (text entered in the Description box) lighter, and then all the text dark.

There must be a way to do this but I'll be damned if I can figure it out or find a relevant thread.

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    You can add a CSS block to that journal page and write some custom CSS in there to do that. That's how I'd do it, anyway.

Do you have a link to the page that you're hoping to customise?
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2013
    This is the one: http://www.eaglecreekphoto.com/Random-Musings

I'm not a CSS wizard. Any idea what I might put in there?

Also.....I'd like to use this as a blog and be able to use URL's to share occasionally. It's being difficult.
  • Options
    dallaswdallasw Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    To make a gallery look unique, you can force it to stop inheriting customizations from 'All Galleries'. This means you can give it a custom color scheme without writing a line of CSS. On the downside, if you change the Content Blocks for 'All Galleries', your unique gallery won't get updated.

If you're interested, here's how it can be done:
    1. Go to the Gallery you want to change and click 'Customize Site' in the 'Customize' menu in the header.
    2. Click the text in the side panel that says "+ Make This Gallery Custom". It's near the top, nested under the 'All Galleries' section.
    3. At the prompt, click 'YES' to make the gallery unique.
    4. Click on the 'Themes' tab in that side panel.
    5. Choose a theme you like, i.e. SmugMug Light or some other light theme, and publish your site.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Doing it via creating a unique theme is great way to do this as mentioned. I did an experiment with this earlier, and it worked. Just be sure to copy your main site's CSS that you've placed in its theme into the unique one as well. At least for CSS codes you want to have the same behavior as the rest of the site.
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2013
    Thank you gentlemen. I'll give this a try once I get some sleep.
  • Options
    b-grinnerb-grinner Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2013
    Theme does not default to what is in template
    Here is a weird one.

I open a new design. Choosing template.

The entire site page seems to be fine. However as soon as I go to homepage, folders, galleries block the theme seems to revert to a Smugmug theme.

Is there a default setting somewhere that changes the theme?headscratch.gif
    ...The Cyberphotog:D

edited September 12, 2013
    Add a CSS block to that page and put this in there:

.sm-page {
    background-color: #FFF;
    color: #000;
    }

You can change the colors to your liking