Options

Featured photo in tools, not gallery settings

pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
edited September 13, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Please make it possible to feature a photo straight from the tools menu, under Use As.

In legacy we could choose the featured image right from the gallery:

i-6NKqMzB-XL.jpg

In new smug, we have to leave the page we're on (staring at the photo we want to feature), go into gallery settings, and try to find the same image from the tiny thumbnails:

i-nLfF4Lb-XL.jpg

Yes, I know there is the preview button that appears when you click on a thumbnail, but this is still a much slower process than it was in legacy. Why the change? There's a perfect spot in the menu for it.

Also, please put everything else back into the tools menu that has moved elsewhere. It's just not as efficient as it used to be.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2013
    The worst part is just about everything in organize is using very tiny thumbs/images and no file name/image No./info.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2013
    Yeah...I tend to upload a gallery and then as I'm scrolling through it, decide on the photo I'd like to feature...and it makes a whole lot more sense to do it right then and there.

To Allen's point, I wish the organizer looked something like a variation on smugmug gallery style so that you could either hover or click a thumbnail and have it appear in a slightly larger window.

FYI, in Firefox/Windows, I can double-click on the photo to go into the Lightbox mode to get the larger image (which is faster than going up to click the "View" button, but I'd still prefer to stay on the same screen.