Options

How to add a Guestbook?

SouwalkerSouwalker Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited September 14, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi

I can't work out how to add a Guestbook on my new smugmug. I recently migrated and still tinkering my new site.

An guidence would be highly appreciated.

Rgds
Pat

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited September 6, 2013
    Add a page and drag in a Comments contact block. You'll find it in the Social section of Add Content Blocks.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2013
    I would go into the organizer and highlight your name at the top on the left. Then click "create" > page.
    Go to the new page and drag a text or html box on to it. Maybe next to it a photo box.
    Under that you can drag a comment box.

Adding the page at the top level provides a direct path to it without going thru folders.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I would go into the organizer and highlight your name at the top on the left. Then click "create" > page.
    Go to the new page and drag a text or html box on to it. Maybe next to it a photo box.
    Under that you can drag a comment box.

Adding the page at the top level provides a direct path to it without going thru folders.

Thanks all.
    'Drag a text or html box'. Which is better? I thought with the new smugmug, there is no html?

Rgds
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited September 7, 2013
    Souwalker wrote: »
    'Drag a text or html box'. Which is better? I thought with the new smugmug, there is no html?
    Both work. I've been using HTML since it comes with a corresponding CSS "box" and since I can more easily control the look.

HTML content blocks are available.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2013
    I am struggling to find a Comment box to drag across. I can see the text box but no Comment box.
    Thanks
  • Options
    rhtrht Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2013
    Under Social > Comments.

Add it to a page and maybe put a HTML block at the top with a paragraph of text of your choosing.
    w: Reheat Images
    Torn between cycling and photography!