Options

Photo caption formatting doesn't carry over

tjskytjsky Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited September 15, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

I am in the process of designing my "new smugmug" site, and first off I gotta say that I am loving it so far! The options are, overall, more intuitive than before and I love the new gallery styles and themes!

I have run into one major stumbling block, however (for me anyway). I have a category (now "folder") called "Photo Journal", which, in essence, is my blog. In my photo journal galleries I have used the photo caption to write about the experience of capturing the photo as well as include camera settings. I am tweaking my site in preview mode before unveiling it, and I discovered that the formatting (namely, paragraph returns or line breaks) does not carry over into the new photo captions! All of my text is lumped into one big paragraph. If I hover over each photo, I'll see my photo caption with the paragraph/line breaks in the window that pops up, but when viewing the caption right underneath the photo, it doesn't show the line breaks.

Obviously the formatting stayed (at least in some way, as it shows in the pop-up window text), but I really don't like the idea (not to mention not having the time) of going through thousands of photos and manually re-doing those line breaks. Has anyone else run into this problem and hopefully have some ideas or answers?

Thanks in advance, LOVE SmugMug!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2013
    I found that if you have any tags like, font tags, in the legacy caption the whole caption will be
    one in in NewSmug. I've been going thru those and fixing them either changing the whole caption
    to html or removing the tags.

Also been changing a any tags to
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    tjskytjsky Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited September 15, 2013
    Thank you, Allen... that did the trick! Remove the tags and the formatting comes back! It's still more work that I wasn't looking forward to having to do, but it's not as bad as I was expecting.