categoryID defaut for smugmug.albums.create in 1.2.2 API

olliriesolliries Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Hi,

I was not able to find an answer on the forums, any pointers to existing documentation is welcome.

Here is my problem (1.2.2):
I am trying to understand the behavior of smugmug.albums.create when there is no or bugs CategoryID set

my observations:
smugmug.albums.create does not require CategoryID to be set. Upon some exploration I noticed the following:
- if CategoryID is not set, i.e. not defined in the request, the album gets created in a Category "Other"
- if CategoryID is set to -1 (thought this might be a valid default), the album gets created in a category "Smug Preview"
- if I create a top level album in the web frontend (i.e. w/o a category in the root of my account), the album lists category "Homepage"

neither "Smug Preview" nor "Homepage" are listed in smugmug.categories.get and thus are not accessible from an app using the API.

What am I doing wrong? is there another API call to get access to the top level hierarchy?

thx,
Olli

Comments

• olliriesolliries Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 15, 2013
    my observations:
    smugmug.albums.create does not require CategoryID to be set. Upon some exploration I noticed the following:
    - if CategoryID is not set, i.e. not defined in the request, the album gets created in a Category "Other"

I ran another test and deleted category (folder) "Other" and created another album (via API) without specifying a category. The album was created under the category "Other" which apparently was created.

Classical "hadIjustwaitedonemoretestbeforeasking" situation - I conclude "Other" is the default ;)