Options

Gallery Sort - By Date Created - Useless

dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited November 3, 2005 in SmugMug Support
New user, I uploaded 2500 pics into 50 galleries. I can't sort galleries by "most recent" since I am creating them ALL recently. Sorting them by position is a pain since I have several Categories, and when you define the "positions" you see ALL the galleries, not just the ones in a Category, it gets confusing. Especially if you don't have the date in your Gallery Title.

If I could override the "Date Created", or create a new date field called "Event Date" that Smugmug could use to sort Galleries, this would solve the problem. Why not add a date field into the Customize gallery screen so I can change it? Otherwise, I will be forced to include the date in the Gallery Title like "20050523 - My Birthday" and sort by title, which looks ugly and makes the Gallery title too long sometimes. If there was an option to sort by Gallery Description then I could preface my descriptions with the date.... Something, anything, help!

This is a big problem with several simple solutions.... (unless I am missing something here)

Do easy fixes get implemented, how does that work? The last "SmugMug news" was August 16, 3 months ago...

Comments