Options

Ruby

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited September 16, 2013 in People
I would like thoughts on this, composition, lack of eye contact, editing, mono...what do you think?

26456267.07ce801d.jpg
14-9-2013 Ruby 2 par Bend The Light, on ipernity

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2013
    Very dark and moody for a child......is there a parallel story to go along with how you processed the print?
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2013
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Very dark and moody for a child......is there a parallel story to go along with how you processed the print?

No, no story really. This is my daughter, and she was playing yesterday at grandma's and I was just taking shots. This one I caught deliberately, this is almost the full frame. I knew I wanted a frame-filler, and knew she was lookking down...

..in the editing I looked at a straightforward ecit and wasn't satisfied, so considered others...a long time ago I did this one of Ruby, and headed in that direction, but just went darker:

6199856287_6a45dfba78_o.jpg
    Ruby 50mm by Bend The Light, on Flickr

I really like the sombreness of the photo. I also know that my wife would not really like it...she doesn't like the kids being made sombre or dark. :/

Thanks
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Do you use Topaz, or some kind of HDR program? there's something about the skin that looks almost metallic. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    divamum wrote: »
    Do you use Topaz, or some kind of HDR program? there's something about the skin that looks almost metallic. ne_nau.gif

I use Nik Silver EFEX Pro for mono conversions, usually starting with a preset and then adjusting to suit what i want. In both images I showed here I think it has that metallic look, which I quite like...:)
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2013
    Wow, both photos...very compelling. Nice work!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    Wow, both photos...very compelling. Nice work!

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    sofiabrown wrote: »
    Wow, its an amazing photo!! congrats

Thank you. :)