Wow, There're Forums Outside of the Support Ones!

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited September 17, 2013 in Weddings
It never occurred to me to see if there were forums outside of customization/support. I've had that section bookmarked since I joined Smugmug at the end of 2010. I happened to notice a comment there today mentioning them, so I clicked the header and here you all are!

Let me introduce myself. I'm currently focused on being a wedding photographer here in Wisconsin. I've found that shooting weddings is one of the most challenging, rewarding, and exciting subjects to work with. I'm looking forward to learning more from the folks here. I've cruised the threads and have seen some amazing work!

Just what are the rules here? I noticed a lot of people post a direct image link, instead of the embedded one that opens the lightbox. I also noticed numbering of images.

You can see some of my work in the link in my signature.

088_Walter_IMG_4670_Wedding-Blog%20%281%29-M.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2013
    I'm a wedding lurker, but hello! Yes, typically folks here number shots - makes it much easier for commenting. :) Usually embedded shots are the norm, although a few people with biiigg wedding sets sometimes post to their blogs instead.

I'll let the wedding "regulars" chime in from here on in, but wave.gif
  • Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2013
    Thanks! I was starting to think I cleared the room...
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2013
    This place has been kinda slow recently. Glad to see some "new blood"! More people need to check out the non-support forums, clearly!!
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    We're a little less crazy around here, but I like it that way.

You're welcome to share a set of photos from a recent wedding, and get some feedback from the group!

In general the best way to get feedback is to embed a full set of images directly into a post here. :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2013
    it is a great forum. I have learned a ton on here.
  • Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2013
    Do people talk the "business of" around here? Towards the end of the year I wouldn't mind discussing advertising sites. Contracts will be expiring, and it'd be nice to know which sites people are getting work from, and which are duds.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    Do people talk the "business of" around here? Towards the end of the year I wouldn't mind discussing advertising sites. Contracts will be expiring, and it'd be nice to know which sites people are getting work from, and which are duds.

Yes, the business of wedding (and portrait) photography is something we really enjoy discussing! You'll certainly get a lot of varied opinions, which in my opinion is great in helping you make a final decision Laughing.gif...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum