Options

Gallery descriptions in new sm - where is "edit"?

WildWorldWildWorld Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited September 18, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've made the transition from legacy to new, using Jasper. I can find tools-edit for each photo in the galleries :-) but I can't find a link or button to let me edit the gallery descriptions :-( On the legacy smugmug there was an "edit" to click on at the end of the gallery descriptions but I don't see it at the end of the new gallery descriptions. I need to edit the descriptions of all my galleries in the new smugmug so I can restore the formatting lost when the switch occurred.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2013
    WildWorld wrote: »
    I've made the transition from legacy to new, using Jasper. I can find tools-edit for each photo in the galleries :-) but I can't find a link or button to let me edit the gallery descriptions :-( On the legacy smugmug there was an "edit" to click on at the end of the gallery descriptions but I don't see it at the end of the new gallery descriptions. I need to edit the descriptions of all my galleries in the new smugmug so I can restore the formatting lost when the switch occurred.
    Click "customize" at top > gallery settings

Basics > description box

Then fight with the very tiny narrow edit box.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Allen wrote: »
    Click "customize" at top > gallery settings

Basics > description box

Then fight with the very tiny narrow edit box.

Thanks Allen - I'll check it out :-)
    Re "Then fight with the very tiny narrow edit box" - rats! - I thought for sure they would have made the edit box much bigger in the new sm - that was a bugbear of mine in the old smugmug!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    WildWorld wrote: »
    Thanks Allen - I'll check it out :-)
    Re "Then fight with the very tiny narrow edit box" - rats! - I thought for sure they would have made the edit box much bigger in the new sm - that was a bugbear of mine in the old smugmug!
    This edit box can be stretched but only in the vertical. Best you can do is copy out and paste into
    notepad to edit. Then copy/paste back in.

The photo caption edit box can be stretched in both directions so they got that one right.

The html boxes can be modified with CSS to make them larger which means as you make
    changes you can watch the result on the page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    This edit box can be stretched but only in the vertical. Best you can do is copy out and paste into
    notepad to edit. Then copy/paste back in.

The photo caption edit box can be stretched in both directions so they got that one right.

The html boxes can be modified with CSS to make them larger which means as you make
    changes you can watch the result on the page.

Thanks Allen - that's very useful information :-)