Options

Meghan and Chandler

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited September 18, 2013 in People
Been a long time since I've posted here but have been following everyone as I can...

These two helped me complete an assignment for a class. The assignment was shooting in open shade to get flat lighting. The back story here is that earlier in the day Chandler learned that he has 4 broken vertebrae and his athletic aspirations are over (along with many other activities that he loves). Could you smile like that having just learned this horrible news?

i-v7H7k2n-XL.jpg

i-hbKW6Rd-XL.jpg

i-dr96qKg-XL.jpg

i-HDZ6RMn-XL.jpg

i-KbZKjhS-XL.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2013
    Nice series. Tell him to talk to his doc about things he can do and excel at. I too have four desiccated discs and part of my spine has been removed. You can still lead a full and happy life but no heavy lifting.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Very nice series. And with looks like his, maybe he should be looking at doing some modeling while he figures out what the rest of his life holds for him? Especially with that backstory, he could really excel (modeling, commercial work, spokesperson etc etc).

Some nits:

1/3 - a little orange for me - I like the light, but it is very warm on this (calibrated) monitor

2- even on guys ... chin forward and down! (Peter Hurley's "forehead towards the camera"). He needs a jawline.

3. Ditto

3/5 - a little close-cropped for me

Nice set!
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    Tinstafl wrote: »
    Nice series. Tell him to talk to his doc about things he can do and excel at. I too have four desiccated discs and part of my spine has been removed. You can still lead a full and happy life but no heavy lifting.
    Ouch. Sorry to hear. Chandler's problems are with L3 and L5. The L5 breaks are older and are as healed as they will get. From my understanding, running could be an issue with him long-term...
    divamum wrote: »
    Very nice series. And with looks like his, maybe he should be looking at doing some modeling while he figures out what the rest of his life holds for him? Especially with that backstory, he could really excel (modeling, commercial work, spokesperson etc etc).

Some nits:

1/3 - a little orange for me - I like the light, but it is very warm on this (calibrated) monitor

2- even on guys ... chin forward and down! (Peter Hurley's "forehead towards the camera"). He needs a jawline.

3. Ditto

3/5 - a little close-cropped for me

Nice set!
    Thanks for the reminder on the chin. I've even watched those videos! I was too focused on the "assignment" and skipped past some of the other stuff...

Orange - I admit I struggled with her skin tone. She has a very bronzed/sun-tanned sort of complexion. I struggled so much with it that the day after doing these shots, I picked up a Color Checker Passport (love it) and dragged my daughter out to the same spot at the same time and used the Passport to get the WB and build a custom color profile for LR.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    DonFischerDonFischer Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2013
    I don't know if those are good photo's or not, only that I like them. I see far to many portraits of women any more that seem to be exploiting the sex part of it. When a portrait is taken of a girl half naked in a sensual pose I have to wonder the purpose of the photo in the first place. Maybe it's an effort to show the talent of the photographer. But I think it's harder to make a good photo of people without exploiting the sex part of it. Your photo's are great. Beautiful young woman and handsome young guy and nothing to detract from that. Yea, I like them.