Options

Simple CSS id request

bnickesonbnickeson Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited September 18, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've been struggling with the most basic of CSS tasks. I've placed a keyword list on my search page and changed the width to 80% of the container. I'd now like to add some CSS that centers the keyword list in the container rather than the default of having it aligned left. I just can't for the life of me figure out what the CSS id/class/whatever is of the container to center it. I'm using the margin-left and margin-right: auto commands along with !important but every combination of class/id names I've tried hasn't worked. The CSS of the new smugmug is just baffling to me since I've never had any coding experience.

Could anyone help with what I need prior to the margin commands? I've tried .sm-page-layout-column, .sm-keywords-list, .sm-page-widget, .sm-page-widget-keywords, and every combination of the four.

Thanks for your help! One of these days I'll figure out the syntax.

And no, I haven't unveiled yet, sorry.

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 18, 2013
    bnickeson wrote: »
    I've been struggling with the most basic of CSS tasks. I've placed a keyword list on my search page and changed the width to 80% of the container. I'd now like to add some CSS that centers the keyword list in the container rather than the default of having it aligned left. I just can't for the life of me figure out what the CSS id/class/whatever is of the container to center it. I'm using the margin-left and margin-right: auto commands along with !important but every combination of class/id names I've tried hasn't worked. The CSS of the new smugmug is just baffling to me since I've never had any coding experience.

Could anyone help with what I need prior to the margin commands? I've tried .sm-page-layout-column, .sm-keywords-list, .sm-page-widget, .sm-page-widget-keywords, and every combination of the four.

Thanks for your help! One of these days I'll figure out the syntax.

And no, I haven't unveiled yet, sorry.

When I was figuring out how to center the pagination division I found that I had to specify the width (say like "width: 50%"). have you tried adding a width call-out?
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    bnickesonbnickeson Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2013
    Well I'll be damned, that did the trick! I figured since I had already changed the width that it'd be included in the CSS modifications. Thanks! At least I feel better now about not going crazy with none of the class names working.