Options

Thumbnail Gallery - Captions Below Thumbnails?

texhastexhas Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 24, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I have recently moved from self-hosted Gallery Installation to a SmugMug account. I have successfully duplicated my gallery, except for one item. I am unable to figure out how to place the captions below the photo in the thumbnail gallery page. I have yet to find an option in the standard menus for this - is there some custom CSS work I can do to change this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2013
    There isn't currently an option for this, but I'm hopeful that SmugMug will one day port over the settings available for the Multiple Photos block to the gallery settings...

I don't believe this can be really accomplished with a CSS tweak, because the captions are contained by a container which is also used to clip the thumbnail into a square. I think moving the caption below the image would require this clip to be removed, so the image would extend downwards to follow the caption, and wouldn't be square any more.

You can do it if you don't need the thumbnails to be cropped square.
  • Options
    texhastexhas Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 23, 2013
    Thanks for the response - sounds like I just need to cross my fingers and hope this gets implemented in one of the releases. One of the differences between a self-hosted gallery and SmugMug - not as easy to customize the way you like. But still solid due to the fact I don't have to mess with the server anymore.

Thanks!
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2013
    Moved to the Feature request forum, and sent to the product department.

Thanks!