Options

Log Me Into Legacy Directly If I Haven't Unveiled

BloozeBlooze Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited September 25, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
So I previewed one of the new template designs and messed with it a bit. It wouldn't let me out without saving it and now every time I visit my site and login it's in this crappy design. If I preview other templates and save them I can delete them, but not the original one. I don't want to have to maneuver through the Designs maze everytime I want to add photos, etc.... I just want the legacy site to pop up and be it, with a button option or something if I want to look at the new stuff. What a total PITA. Reminds me of Flickr with the ablilty to move stuff around. Another thing is a lot of the designs are using photo sizes that are huge which doesn't work for me because I only upload 1200px photos to save time and keep the full resolution ones backed up elsewhere. I'm not impressed so far.

Comments

• Options
    SiriusPhotogSiriusPhotog Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2013
    I'm with you on that. Every time I log into my site it goes to the crappy design I chose first to fool around with. I still haven't rolled out the "new" site yet because the interface is so clunky. Just let me delete "My Designs" and have me log into my legacy site please!?!?!?
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Moved this over to the feature request forum and submitted to product.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Changed thread name to "Log Me Into Legacy Directly If I Haven't Unveiled"
  • Options
    snoupisnoupi Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. I had the misfortune of clicking "Preview" out of curiosity, that's all, and now every time I'm logged-in I have to jump through hoops to get to my legacy site. But we're not being "forced" into the new smugmug snoopyrolleyes.gif
    snoupi
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2013
    this was one of the reasons I felt obliged to unveil quickly rather than wait for x months. If Smugmug wish to slow down people moving over (I'm not sure whether they do or not, though there might be a few less "why isn't x working" requests!) then allowing the default to remain legacy after peeking at the new designs will help.
  • Options
    WistitiWistiti Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited September 15, 2013
    Forced to change in the future ? !!! Incredible.
    Smugmug is now a disaster.
    Agree wit Blooze : Log Me Into Legacy Directly If I Haven't Unveiled

Nice day
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2013
    If when logging in you end up in NewSmug it's only one click at the top to switch to legacy.

Funny thing happened yesterday, was in legacy and went to control panel. Password
    page came up and it was prefilled with user name and password. ????? At least it still
    works here.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited September 16, 2013
    Thank you Allen !

I know that.

It's only one click ? I don't want click.

Blooze write : Log Me Into Legacy Directly If I Haven't Unveiled

And I ask the same !!!

I don't like merchandising.

I will only my legacy site : I have worked and paid for that.

And I have paid Smugmug...

I have worked many months for my legacy site and now Smugmug says that in the future we are forced to change without choice ? Incredible for a company.

I had the trust...
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2013

I want not see the new smugmug.

Thanks
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    Wistiti wrote: »
    I want not see the new smugmug.
    If you have migrated you can't go backwards. You will need to click to the Legacy smug when you log in. It's only a single click.

--- Denise
  • Options
    dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    +1

Right now navigating around the legacy smugmug (while logged in) is a royal pain. Example:

- Access my site, defaults to preview, click View Legacy
    - Click Weddings (switches back to preview), click View Legacy again
    - Now click on a wedding subcategory (switches back to preview), I click View Legacy again. THIS TIME IT RETURNS TO THE HOME PAGE - I start to swear
    - Click weddings again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it switches back to preview.
    - Click the subcategory. Again, sometimes it works, sometimes it switches back to preview and now I'm really aggravated.

I tried the preview the day the new smugmug was announced. I've been living in "limbo land" ever since - just waiting for the "new" smugmug to catch up to the old smugmug.
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2013
    If you have migrated you can't go backwards. You will need to click to the Legacy smug when you log in. It's only a single click.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise, but...

I will not migrate. Smugmug says that I can see the new smugmug without migrating. Smugmug don't say that i Have to migrate and now click to return into my legacy site !!!

I have worked one year for my legacy site (the best for me) . I will not click to the legacy smug when I log in. Swindle.

And I have to work for the new smugmug ??? It's a joke ?!!!

It's amateur system. Not really professional.

I am forced to change after a work of one year.... It's yet a swindle.

AnD I HAVE PAID...

Incredible.

It's really a joke... and swindle.

It's daylight robbery : arnaque en français.