Did something dumb after upgrading Lightroom

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
edited September 26, 2013 in Digital Darkroom
Ok, so I upgraded from LR4 to LR5, imported my catalog and everything is wonderful. I have imported some new photos and edited them. Then, yesterday, I got home from 2 shoots and opened up LR4 by mistake. Imported my photos and did all of the processing.

To try and fix this I opened LR5 and re-synched my main photo directory which imported the new photos into my LR5 catalog. Now I don't know how to get the editing I did to import from the old LR4 catalog to the new LR5 catalog.

I see a spot where I can import from another catalog but was a little afraid to do it without asking first. I don't want to wipe out the LR5 catalog and the work I've done on photos there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2013
    strange
    normally when you upgrade , the previous version is gone ( you should not have both 4 and 5 together )

however , you could try , File / import from another catalog , hopefully the old v4 catalog is still present
    dont know if it works though
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2013
    basflt wrote: »
    strange
    normally when you upgrade , the previous version is gone ( you should not have both 4 and 5 together )

however , you could try , File / import from another catalog , hopefully the old v4 catalog is still present
    dont know if it works though

I subscribed to the new Adobe program for PS CC and LR5 so I assume when I downloaded it was the full versions of the software and not an actual update. So I ended up with complete new installations. The old catalog is still in tact.
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2013
    Go into LR4. Select all the images you edited. Then Flie>Export as Catalog. Then open LR5, import the Catalog you just created. All the images are in the same place, so LR5 will find them, and your edits will be associated with them.
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2013
    cmason wrote: »
    Go into LR4. Select all the images you edited. Then Flie>Export as Catalog. Then open LR5, import the Catalog you just created. All the images are in the same place, so LR5 will find them, and your edits will be associated with them.

Excellent! Thank you.