Options

Not happy with new CPS changes on the horizon..

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited September 26, 2013 in Cameras
For those of you who have not seen it yet, CPS is changing their levels.. and for someone like me who greatly benefits from the 60% off Platinum is now screwed getting only 30% off when I renew.

Details here:

http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/misc/cps_program_notice.html

Unless the new "Cinema" level will include 60% off, I would prefer to pay $500/yr and get 60% off my repairs. Otherwise I would had joined as a Gold Member and saved myself $400.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,851 moderator
    edited September 10, 2013
    I don't think that you're alone. Be sure to write Canon about your dissatisfaction.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2013
    Bugger - that does kind of suck. However, for Platinum I notice that the membership fee is going down to $300 (savings of $200); for Gold, you lose 10% of the discount and still pay the same $100 a year fee!

PS I - literally - have stuff to send to them today and just called them simply to check how to send things back. Didn't even know about this, but glad I'm doing it before my renewal next month! Total serendipity.... :)
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2013
    There are innumerable things to to blame here. Consumerism, poor quality control and mass-produced products that break easier, people abusing / gaming the system, etc... Either way getting 60% off all repairs is an insane deal that couldn't last forever; with people buying more and more stuff it was only a matter of time before Canon started losing money on such a deal. (In other words, I bet that in the past that the majority of pros who paid the high annual fee just to get 60% off, probably never actually needed enough repairs for it to be worth it. Thus Canon came out ahead even though they offered such a huge discount. I bet that simply is no longer the case...)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited September 22, 2013
    If you're making poo that constantly needs attention, that is what eats up your profits...I mean look at the 1dmkIII and beyond.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2013
    For those of you who have not seen it yet, CPS is changing their levels.. and for someone like me who greatly benefits from the 60% off Platinum is now screwed getting only 30% off when I renew.

Details here:

http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/misc/cps_program_notice.html

Unless the new "Cinema" level will include 60% off, I would prefer to pay $500/yr and get 60% off my repairs. Otherwise I would had joined as a Gold Member and saved myself $400.

never had to send anything for a repair but if you're professional it could be worth it