Options

How to migrate or add text to gallery

wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited September 29, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have several galleries in Legacy smug which I used as travelogues, adding "comments" in a Journal-style gallery when I was traveling to document a trip. I've tried to cut and paste the text into New Smugmug in a text box of a particular gallery, but it's not pasting. Rather than rewriting all the text, is there a way to migrate these from Legacy to New? Any suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited September 29, 2013
    If you used comments in legacy smug they can be transferred over to comments on a page in the new smug. When you add a comment box you will be given the opportunity to migrate comments from an existing gallery.

I don't know if a new comment box can be added to a gallery. If it can then you should be able to migrate the comments.

I just looked at your site and found this gallery - http://www.lorisorrentino.com/Travel/Costa-Rica/Travelogue/9161858_jcQBht#!i=2798042441&k=W73mVt9. I think you can replace the gallery with a page in the new smug - add a photo element for the picture and add a comments element. Transfer the comments from the existing gallery to the new page when prompted.

--- Denise
  • Options
    wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2013
    If you used comments in legacy smug they can be transferred over to comments on a page in the new smug. When you add a comment box you will be given the opportunity to migrate comments from an existing gallery.

I don't know if a new comment box can be added to a gallery. If it can then you should be able to migrate the comments.

I just looked at your site and found this gallery - http://www.lorisorrentino.com/Travel/Costa-Rica/Travelogue/9161858_jcQBht#!i=2798042441&k=W73mVt9. I think you can replace the gallery with a page in the new smug - add a photo element for the picture and add a comments element. Transfer the comments from the existing gallery to the new page when prompted.

--- Denise

Denise,
    I was able to do both, so I just added a Comments box to the existing gallery. Worked beautifully, THANK YOU!clap.gifclapclap.gifclap

Lori