Options

Pretty Senior Before The Rain

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited October 1, 2013 in People
Didn't get a chance to do what we planned today. Was a dull, grey day with rain imminent. The light just wasn't pretty enough to do what we had planned. Decided to concentrate on head type shots and come back to do the scenics when the light made the landscape pretty. Here are a few we snuck in just before the downpour.

Input ALWAYS appreciated

Chelsea-107-L.jpg

Chelsea-123-L.jpg

Chelsea-128-L.jpg

Chelsea-112-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2013
    2 & 3 are really pretty! Possibly a little heavy on the glow/softening, but your usual lovely work. You exemplify "traditional" portrait photography and do it well!
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2013
    Wow, good thing you didn't get to do as you'd planned, because these are lovely! #1 and #3 might be a touch overdone with the smoothing, but I'm sure she likes them! Really, just beautiful. I'd love to see the new ones with your ideal lighting to see what you do.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    I like 1, 2 & 3 a ton. #4 appears a bit washed out on the skin tones but this is an uncalibrated monitor.
    I'm basing it on the difference between 4 and the other 3.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    divamum wrote: »
    2 & 3 are really pretty! Possibly a little heavy on the glow/softening, but your usual lovely work. You exemplify "traditional" portrait photography and do it well!

(blush) well, I did have a little help!:D
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    Wow, good thing you didn't get to do as you'd planned, because these are lovely! #1 and #3 might be a touch overdone with the smoothing, but I'm sure she likes them! Really, just beautiful. I'd love to see the new ones with your ideal lighting to see what you do.

Why thank-you! Look forward to having some good light and the time tomorrow morning. Kind of excited cause I'm going to try some things that are new to me.
    Bilsen wrote: »
    I like 1, 2 & 3 a ton. #4 appears a bit washed out on the skin tones but this is an uncalibrated monitor.
    I'm basing it on the difference between 4 and the other 3.

Thanks Mister! You're most likely right. I didn't touch that one tone or color wise.

This is a mono version of one of the shots from that morning. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it bothers me. The eyes maybe? Hot spots? Not quite sure.

Wut choo Think?

Chelsea-104aweb-L.jpg
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it bothers me. The eyes maybe? Hot spots? Not quite sure.

Well, since you put it like that, I'd say the teeth are oversharpened or something. They kinda jumped out of the image at me. And maybe you could tone down the brightness in the part. Other than that, Wow.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2013
    #4 and the mono just a tad too bright....4 tad too much fill flash and the mono highlight side too bright. The rest are just great.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    Hackbone wrote: »
    #4 and the mono just a tad too bright....4 tad too much fill flash and the mono highlight side too bright. The rest are just great.
    Icebear wrote: »
    Well, since you put it like that, I'd say the teeth are oversharpened or something. They kinda jumped out of the image at me. And maybe you could tone down the brightness in the part. Other than that, Wow.

Thanks for the input and tips gentlemen! Will work on that in post and see what it brings.

B