Options

Pulling Out Old Camera Equipment

rcrjphotosrcrjphotos Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited October 2, 2013 in Cameras
How many of you photographer experts feel confident in your abilities to pull out maybe your first digital camera and do a portrait session with it? I found an image I shot with an Olympus E10 and I have to say the color popped and the skin tone was right on. With the things are for the majority of us, people want wallet size and 5x7s. I would pull out my Olympus E10 (If I still had it) and would use it just for grins.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,851 moderator
    edited September 10, 2013
    My first personal semi-serious digital camera was the Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2, an advanced digicam not unlike the Olympus E10. (Still have it.)

Yes, I did some portraiture with it that I liked. I also used it for product photography and it was very capable there too, ... and landscapes, and even a little sports photography. When it's all you have to use, you tend to use it a lot. mwink.gif

(I should add that my employer purchased a $16,000 Kodak DCS 460 in 1995, and we used that thing until it was literally falling apart. It was my first real contact with digital photography, but nothing I could afford personally.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    I still shoot film and grew up shooting it, so I am quite confident in my abilities with any digital camera if the meter was accurate. For a portrait session I'd be using my Sekonic, just like I do with any portrait session.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    I keep my xsi as an emergency backup (it's not worth enough to sell, and it's small enough that it doesn't take much storage space). I haven't had to use it, but I'm sure I could. STrictly speaking it's not my first dslr - I had an XT before it - but it's the one that's still on the shelf :)
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    Canon D60
    I still use a Canon D60 (not 60D) converted to full time infrared.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    I have a D70 sitting right next to my D5200 right now. :-D
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum