Options

collect a photo to place in another gallery, how to?

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited October 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Sorry i did put this in the wrong forum so i reposted here sorry again:

This was so simple in the legacy version, but i cant seem to find how to do it with the new site. hitting the wrench gives me some options but NOT to 'collect' the photo(s) to be placed in other galleries

As a feature rtequest, i *LOVE* how on flickr when you do upload you can choose 1 or several sets/galleries to place it into instead of just one with SM... just saying.

Derek

EDIT:

After finding several threads on this very subject i think that smugmug has taken about a dozen steps BACKWARD by making things incredibly difficult to do a incredibly simple thing as collecting even a simply photo.

I dont want a share button on my site, but it seems to make it simpler for me i have to put it on in order to collect a single photo - impossible for when you have several photos to collect. seriously smugmug, look out flickr does it - so bloody simply and elegant but you guys made it incredibly more difficult than it was before - i mean, really - wth??

so now i have to increase my workload 10x just to collect a photo or group of photos.

that is just freakin stupid.

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• Options
    3PCo3PCo Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    You will find a collect button under the Share tools if you open the image in the organizer. A trick for collecting multiple images into a gallery is to give them all a keyword and then make the target gallery a smart gallery and it will collect them.
    I agree that this is a total kluge and that Flickr handles this particular aspect of things Much b etter.
    Cheers
    af
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    yeah i dont use keywords tho, never have. finally found what you were referring to (share button in the organizer) - omG what a stupid way to get about collecting photos !!!

I do like the new look of sm but a lot of the changes seem to be change for the sake of change - things seemed fine before but this collecting of photos thing seems ridicules.

I HATED it when flickr changed but the change made for placing uploads into multiple sets(galleries) is the #1 thing I love about flickr now.

thanks AF!

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."