Options

Move and Re-size Header in Isis theme?

smmokansmmokan Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited October 3, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'd like to make the text header ("Steve Mokan Photography") slightly larger and slide it over to the left in the Isis theme in order to have more room for a single-line nav menu. I want the text to be all on one line, but when I increase the font size- say, from M to L - it changes the header to two lines. Is there an easy way to do this?

www.stevemokanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2013
    I'm curious, how did you move it to the left?
    Regarding the wrapping, is there a setting to define the width of the container (block), e.g., 400 px, or 33%?
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    That's what I'm asking.... HOW do I move it to the left and make it wider?
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    Oh sorry, I thought you were saying you moved it to the left but then it wrapped.
    When you highlight that block, there's a small wrench on the top left of the block, for settings.
    EDIT:
    Check if you can change the alignment to left.
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    For the wrapping problem, there's a little triangle to the left of the wrench, for positioning.
    Check and change the percentage of the container you are allocating to it. It looks like you have 2 blocks, one for the name and one for the navbar, and I think you want to apportion them differently.
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    For the wrapping problem, there's a little triangle to the left of the wrench, for positioning.
    Check and change the percentage of the container you are allocating to it. It looks like you have 2 blocks, one for the name and one for the navbar, and I think you want to apportion them differently.

I think I recall that if you change the percentage in one of the blocks, the other will automatically adjust to take on the rest of the 100%. I haven't done this myself but it occurs to me that if you want "white space" between the left hand name and the right hand navbar, you could add a 3rd block between them on that row, with nothing in it. This is a hunch on my part as to how to force one section to a particular spot. My guess is that if you assign a percentage to the first block and then the 2nd,the 3rd will take on the remainder.

Just guessing. It sounds like alignment left, right, and center, and percentage of container(s) will give you options.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 3, 2013
    Moving it left is simple .... right now you have 3 content blocks in your head: social icons, logo text, and navbar. Each of those is set to a width of 33% (total 100%). Your social icons block is too wide. Go to your customizer, and put your mouse over the social icons block. You'll see a little triangular ruler icon, just to the left of the wrench icon. Click on that. Set the the width to 10% and click done. Then go to your logo text block, click the triangular ruler icon and set the width to 55%. Click done. Repeat by setting your navbar to 35% (if it's not already at that).

There's a font-size option in the Logo Content block settings (click the wrench and you'll see options for text size).
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 3, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I think I recall that if you change the percentage in one of the blocks, the other will automatically adjust to take on the rest of the 100%. I haven't done this myself but it occurs to me that if you want "white space" between the left hand name and the right hand navbar, you could add a 3rd block between them on that row, with nothing in it. This is a hunch on my part as to how to force one section to a particular spot. My guess is that if you assign a percentage to the first block and then the 2nd,the 3rd will take on the remainder.

Just guessing. It sounds like alignment left, right, and center, and percentage of container(s) will give you options.

Yes, what Chancy describes is correct, although she didn't give you the details on how to fix it. My post above does :)
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    Got it, thanks guys.

This forum rocks. :)