Options

Banners from old smugmug not in new smugmug

runwayrunway Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited October 4, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi, I had gallery banners on many of my galleries in legacy smugmug which were created by code in the CSS page. They haven't migrated to those galleries in the new SmugMug. Any way to reconnect them?

Thanks, Dave

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 30, 2013
    None of your CSS from legacy smug applies to new smug so it wasn't migrated over. The migration process moved your galleries and folders (old categories & subcategories).

There is a feature request for Multiple Banners. There is some code in that thread that you may be able to adapt for now.

--- Denise
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    runway wrote: »
    Hi, I had gallery banners on many of my galleries in legacy smugmug which were created by code in the CSS page. They haven't migrated to those galleries in the new SmugMug. Any way to reconnect them?

Thanks, Dave

If you have not unveiled yet you can still pull out parts of your old CSS and try using them in New SM.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    If you have not unveiled yet you can still pull out parts of your old CSS and try using them in New SM.
    None of the banner CSS will work as is. All new class names. Plus there is no flow down CSS so you will have
    to target EVERY page and gallery. Not like on legacy where you could target a category and have it flow
    down to all galleries.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    None of the banner CSS will work as is. All new class names. Plus there is no flow down CSS so you will have
    to target EVERY page and gallery. Not like on legacy where you could target a category and have it flow
    down to all galleries.

Hang on... Are you seriously saying there's no easy way to have a different banner for my wedding category pages than my Sport galleries etc? I'd have to target the CSS to every individual gallery?

I haven't even looked at the new customisation options yet since I'm holding out for changes (that I fully expect won't happen) but if there's no way to target customisations to categories, then that's an amazingly big change in functionality...

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    TalkieT wrote: »
    Hang on... Are you seriously saying there's no easy way to have a different banner for my wedding category pages than my Sport galleries etc? I'd have to target the CSS to every individual gallery?

I haven't even looked at the new customisation options yet since I'm holding out for changes (that I fully expect won't happen) but if there's no way to target customisations to categories, then that's an amazingly big change in functionality...

Cheers - N
    See the discussions here in the add feature forum.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238150
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=239444
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    Hmm. Problematic: I have maybe 50+ unique banners in unique galleries. I thought I'd just tough it out and put each banner into a photo content block at the top, thinking it wouldn't be too much trouble because I had the source banner JPEGs in each gallery, but "hidden". However I ran into a snag, as the little hidden banner jpegs wouldn't show in the content photo block because they were "hidden." Is there a work around? Like maybe in the sequence that I set it up? Alternatively, I thought about slipping the banner jpegs into a separate unlisted folder and copy them into the photo content block but they also didn't display, I guess cause they were unlisted.
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    runway wrote: »
    Hmm. Problematic: I have maybe 50+ unique banners in unique galleries. I thought I'd just tough it out and put each banner into a photo content block at the top, thinking it wouldn't be too much trouble because I had the source banner JPEGs in each gallery, but "hidden". However I ran into a snag, as the little hidden banner jpegs wouldn't show in the content photo block because they were "hidden." Is there a work around? Like maybe in the sequence that I set it up? Alternatively, I thought about slipping the banner jpegs into a separate unlisted folder and copy them into the photo content block but they also didn't display, I guess cause they were unlisted.
    See post 19 & 20 in this thread.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238150

I changed my homepage banner (single photo entire site) to a logo (entire site). The logo class
    .sm-page-widget-logo-img can used to replace the "entire site logo" on every page but it has to be
    done individually on every page (This page Only). Sounds like you have many individual galleries to do
    so this on this might be the best way.

All my banners/logos are in one unlisted gallery. I use the "get a link" on each image to apply to the CSS.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2013
    Al, I've learned so much setting up my website from just sort of listening to comments people make. I had put my trial banner/logo jpeg in a separate folder and it didn't display for me. Then I noticed in your post that yours were in an "unlisted" gallery. I checked mine and it was in a "private" gallery. Bingo! Changed the security to unlisted and it immediately worked! Sometimes you think you're being cleaver but you're anything but. Those particular galleries with the banners get lots of traffic (Alumnae of a high school) and it's worth it to me to transfer all the little banner files into the unlisted gallery and insert them into a photo box at the top of each one. One step closer.... Dave