Options

Portrait for class

AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited March 8, 2014 in Go Figure
I have to do two indoor portraits using ambient light which I havent really ever done. The girlfriend and I gave it a go for practice and came up with this shot. We were limited to my apartment but I dont think it came out bad. I wanted to blow out the back ground so you couldnt see the neighbors house :rofl

Anyway, Id love some feed back

10092025534_4b4234cdd2_b_zps61ddf10d.jpg

I hate the railing but there wasnt much I could do. I was thinking about buying a thin white bed sheet and hanging it outside to create softer light and a less distracting back ground :dunno

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator
    edited October 6, 2013
    The pose and idea for the shot are sound. There needs to be more focus control on her eyes, which seem way too soft. This doesn't work for me due to that alone.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2013
    I thought her face was a bit oof, or soft, as well. I'm not too sure that actually seeing the neighbors house wouldn't make a bit more of an impact...you know adding to the voyeurism of it. mwink.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2014
    I'd agree with the guys about eyes being soft. I'd also angle her just a touch more so that her front shoulder and face are a little bit closer to the camera. In this shot her head looks a tiny bit pushed back. The light and composition are great.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!