Options

New SmugMug Preview as Customer?

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited October 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Most all of my galleries are password protected with a featured thumbnail. I'm interested in seeing how the New SmugMug looks, but the preview (beautifully) shows me photos from inside password protected galleries.

Is there any way for me to view the preview as a customer (not logged in as me) would see it?

Thanks~

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 6, 2013
    Unfortunately not until you unveil (at which point you can look at your site from a browser where you are not logged in). As you already have seen the preview available shows you your site as a logged in viewer.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2013
    So... do featured photos from password protected galleries show up in these new collage-style pages? Or, is that something I can control? Where can I read about details like this?
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2013
    Nimai wrote: »
    So... do featured photos from password protected galleries show up in these new collage-style pages? Or, is that something I can control? Where can I read about details like this?
    Do you mean when you look at a folder containing password-protected galleries? You can set a featured photo in the same way you did in legacy smugmug - go into the gallery settings and assign a featured photo.

There is quite a bit of information in the help pages about the new smug. This is a good jumping off point - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/topics/538072.

Smug also started a new education site, at http://school.smugmug.com/. For tips on the new smug, start here - http://school.smugmug.com/SmugMug-Tips.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2013
    Thank you very much! But, wow... this is a big update! I need to re-read the docs. After 6 years, I knew pretty well where everything was. Now, I don't know how to sort a categ- no, folder! Or, set a featured photo for a password protected gallery. Looks amazing, though!
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2013
    Nimai wrote: »
    Thank you very much! But, wow... this is a big update! I need to re-read the docs. After 6 years, I knew pretty well where everything was. Now, I don't know how to sort a categ- no, folder! Or, set a featured photo for a password protected gallery. Looks amazing, though!
    I'd recommend taking some time to just play and to learn along the way.

I spent some time experimenting, building a few pages, rebuilding, learning my way around the new world. Then I jumped in and converted my site in a very short amount of time.

If you need help with anything just ask!

--- Denise