Options

Are galleries created during "Preview" available?

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited October 7, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I created a gallery in an pre-existing category, but I am previewing the New SmugMug. I can't seem to get to that gallery from another browser, not logged in as me.

Do I need to flip the switch before new galleries show up? (I can see why that'd be the case, with the migration to Folders, but that does make it urgent for me to get familiar with the Newness!)

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 6, 2013
    The galleries should be available. I believe they are placed in a special folder - you might need to move them to a folder that corresponds to a legacy category before you can see them in legacy. I remember seeing some posts about the location of new galleries but I can't seem to locate the threads. I don't know why you are not seeing the gallery when you are logged in though.

While I was working on my site (before I unveiled) I continued to add galleries in Legacy smug rather than in new smug.

--- Denise
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 6, 2013
    ah, just found this post by Allen about the location of new galleries added in new smug prior to unveiling, content copied here:
    You only have one content that shows on both old and new. Any new galleries and pages created
    on NewSmug do not have the paths that old Smug understands so they are all put in that "Smug Preview"
    folder (category on old). That's why I do all my content changes on old Smug before I unveil.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2013
    Thanks!
    I was following your lead on the Organize stuff for sorting, and I found this caveat there as well:

"If you create new galleries here, they will show up on your legacy site in a new category called 'Smug Preview'."
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2013
    I created a whole bunch of smart galleries on NewSmug and they show on legacy in the "Smug Preview" category.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog