Options

How to center logo

tobemetobeme Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited October 8, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Only left, right, below and above positions are given for the logo. How can I fix my logo to the center place? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited October 7, 2013
    I need to fix this urgently as I can't unveil the new smugmug without the logo. Help is highly appreciated.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    I can't help, but I think maybe people are going to need a bit more information. Have you got your logo on a logo content block? Are you trying to centre it within that content block or centre it on the screen?
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    Yes, I am trying to put a logo (banner) with the logo content block function. However, it seems that I can only put my banner either right or left, but not center.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    From what my site does, the left/right/above/below just refers to where you want the text to be in relation to this.
    Not sure if it is applicable to your situation.
    My banner content block has two tabs - one for text and one for image (logo). Just wondering if you set yours up the same way??????
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    Silly me. I can use the Photo content block to put my banner in the center instead of using the logo design function. Thanks for pointing this out

I have a question though. I put my banner as in Entire site. However, I don't want it to show up on my full screen slideshow page, which isn't the homepage (in which I can use the independent function). Is there a code to hide the banner on that page? Thanks.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    tobeme wrote: »
    Silly me. I can use the Photo content block to put my banner in the center instead of using the logo design function. Thanks for pointing this out

I have a question though. I put my banner as in Entire site. However, I don't want it to show up on my full screen slideshow page, which isn't the homepage (in which I can use the independent function). Is there a code to hide the banner on that page? Thanks.
    I had tried this but could not find a class name for that type of box, photo box, it changes on every
    page. I switched to a logo box which does have a consistent class name so I could apply a different
    logo on separate pages.
    .sm-page-widget-logo-img
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    Thanks Allen. If I used the logo box I can't put my image in the center. The image can only be shown either left or right.
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    Thanks Allen. If I used the logo box I can't put my image in the center. The image can only be shown either left or right.
    I have my logos centered. Struggled a little when I changed images on different pages though but got
    them reasonably centered.
    replace on individual page "just this page"
    .sm-page-widget-logo-img {
      background-image: url(/photos/i-3M6v3Q4/0/X3/i-3M6v3Q4-X3.jpg) !important ;
      height: 123px!important;
      width: 1039px!important;
      border: 6px double #222 !important;
    }

• Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    I still can't center the logo. Allen, would you mind let me have the code to center the logo? Many thanks.

I just viewed your site. It's really nice and the logo is perfect.
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    I still can't center the logo. Allen, would you mind let me have the code to center the logo? Many thanks.

I just viewed your site. It's really nice and the logo is perfect.
    I have not unveiled so you looked at my legacy site. It was easy using CSS to add banners. The new
    site not so. There is no cascading down to apply things like banners. Each page, folder and galleries
    have no idea what its parent is, no class names.

The main homepage logo was adjusted in its settings. The individual pages where I changed the logo
    was tweaked using CSS. Not perfect but acceptable.
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2013
    Thanks Allen.

Not sure whether it is smugmug intention to make banners difficult or it is a design fault. Your code works perfectly in removing the logo in certain pages.