Options

Gallery Issues

cmbrunocmbruno Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 9, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Help!!

Hi All, I've created a folder called Galleries. Inside I have 3 sub folders, Portraits, Weddings & Clients. When I browse the site all three folder appear under galleries but when I click on any one of them the images themselves do not appear. What did I do wrong?

Charles

brunophotography.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2013
    Not sure I understand the question but will take a shot. Is this right: You are customizing in New Smugmug, and you haven't "unveiled" yet. Unveil will permanently switch you to the new format (can't go back to legacy). To customize your site and to test to your heart's content, and until all the kinks are worked out, you customize the site and then "publish". Publish will both save your settings and let you see what the public will see after you unveil.

If the above is true, then a folder needs to have galleries in it (or pages). You want to add navigation blocks for the galleries you want to show up inside each folder. Go to the folder where you want them to appear, click customize site, content tab, navigation, and then drag the block to galleries (or folders or pages), onto the left side. Look for the green highlighted area to show where you have options to drop the blocks.

I'll stop here because I need to hear if this works or not, as I'm not entirely sure if I've understood the problem.

EDIT: Do these galleries that you want to show up, exist in legacy? Did you create the folders in legacy mode also? If not, I think the recommendation is to create them anew in legacy smugmug. Whatever folders or galleries you create new in the new customization side of the world, will not show or be available to the public until you unveil.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 9, 2013
    cmbruno wrote: »
    Help!!

Hi All, I've created a folder called Galleries. Inside I have 3 sub folders, Portraits, Weddings & Clients. When I browse the site all three folder appear under galleries but when I click on any one of them the images themselves do not appear. What did I do wrong?

Charles

brunophotography.smugmug.com

When I go to your site and click on "Portraits" I see all of your images. There's 30 of them on the portraits page. I think everything is working.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations