Options

How to move site content up the page

idahospudboyidahospudboy Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited October 9, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
In customzing my new smugmug page I somehow have the site content block way down the page. When you try to view a gallery the gallery photos are so low on the page you have to scroll down to see them. I am not sure how to move that block up the page over the background. I can't even get it to highlight in red.

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2013
    Since I can't see the page I'm guessing at two possibilities:
    1) You have an empty content block above your gallery content block.
    To check Customise > Customise Site ... then go to the "Content Tab" (usually on right hand side of screen) and look at the list of all the content blocks that are included. If you hover over each item in the list the actual content block on the page will highlight. If you find the one that is pushing your galleries block down you can either delete it (if it is not required - trash can) or you can move it below the gallery content block

2) the content block above your galleries (or the gallery content block) may have very large top/bottom margins that would need adjusting (click on the triangle/ruler icon when you select a content block)

3) neither of these!
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    CharlyCharly Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2013
    I have the same problem. On the Browse galleries, for instance there is a Gallery Content block that is grayed out. The only areas that will highlight to add galleries is above/below that block. How does one add to the block that is already there?
    www.ImagerybyCharly.com | Serving the DFW area of Texas and beyond
  • Options
    idahospudboyidahospudboy Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 9, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Since I can't see the page I'm guessing at two possibilities:
    1) You have an empty content block above your gallery content block.
    To check Customise > Customise Site ... then go to the "Content Tab" (usually on right hand side of screen) and look at the list of all the content blocks that are included. If you hover over each item in the list the actual content block on the page will highlight. If you find the one that is pushing your galleries block down you can either delete it (if it is not required - trash can) or you can move it below the gallery content block

2) the content block above your galleries (or the gallery content block) may have very large top/bottom margins that would need adjusting (click on the triangle/ruler icon when you select a content block)

3) neither of these!

First off my page is www.light-master.com. When I look at the page under customize I see a menu on the left, a logo at the top, social icons below the menu, then down low an area that says "site content". There is a large blank area between the logo and the site content that does not appear to be anything. When I hover over the blocks on the right side menu nothing turns that large blank area red. The margins on the menu and logo are fine. I can't move the site content up as it thinks that area is occupied. I just can't figure out what it thinks is there. When I click on a gallery in my menu it takes me to the gallery but the photos are way at the bottom of the page after that large blank area. You might even have to scroll down to see them. I just can't figure out what it thinks is above them to remove it.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2013
    It looks like the menu div on the left is pushing the content down. On legacy I'd guess it's not floated left.
    In NewSmug is pinning left the same? Allowing div's below to float up?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog