Options

Image Rentals & Lease Agreement

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited October 11, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
As I hear from potential buyers and businesses that economic times makes purchasing any artwork (other than cruddy big box store cheapo art) too expensive, I decided that marketing my imagery in rental format at an affordable price would be a new option for me to generate revenue....

In doing so, I decided I should put together a Lease Agreement.... please take a look at this agreement and comment, critique, let me know if I missed anything.......

my work can be seen at prismaticimagery.com and I print only on metal.....

Thanks

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    The " Economic downturn" thing gives me the irrits. Complete load of garbage excuses but anyway.
    Everything is specified at least a year ahead. it's not like they say " Hey, we are doing great this year, lets go run up some additional costs and expenditure".

I'm wondering if your concept might have other potential benefits rather than the cost factor. I think I might try to fly it as a way to have new and fresh art in their premises on a regular basis. I suppose there are companies doing that already but you can always find an upside as to why going with you would be better.

On your contract, Only thing I saw was the absence of mention of when rental payment is due. Myself, I'd be specifying it up front. Either way, It may be worth putting in ink.
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    Glort wrote: »
    The " Economic downturn" thing gives me the irrits. Complete load of garbage excuses but anyway.
    Everything is specified at least a year ahead. it's not like they say " Hey, we are doing great this year, lets go run up some additional costs and expenditure".

I'm wondering if your concept might have other potential benefits rather than the cost factor. I think I might try to fly it as a way to have new and fresh art in their premises on a regular basis. I suppose there are companies doing that already but you can always find an upside as to why going with you would be better.

On your contract, Only thing I saw was the absence of mention of when rental payment is due. Myself, I'd be specifying it up front. Either way, It may be worth putting in ink.

Very good point Glort! I will add that in.

Yes, there are companies that do this... closest one to me is in the next major town (Portland, Oregon) which is 20 miles away and the process doesn't scream easy. I come in at less complicated, closer, and less expensive. With other places, I noticed that they rent for about 15% of the price of the art for a limit of 1 year and only offer 50% rent towards purchase (seems like the renter is being punished for choosing the purchase option). As usual, I tried to make it easy for me (thus easy for the client) and a bit more enticing.... While clients can rent through to purchase on my program, it will take 30 months to do so and by then, I would hope (and will be encouraging) a change of the imagery displayed... thus leading to a new contract....

Appreciate your feedback Glort, cheers

Lee
    Lee Wiren