Options

Can custom page not inherit 'entire site'?

pfbpfb Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
(I have a 'Power' level subscription)

I previously created a 'new smugmug' custom site with a header, footer, and horizontal menu on 'entire site'. I wanted these elements to display on my homepage as well as all my galleries, this seemed to work fine at the time.

Now I want to create a new custom page, very clean, without any of the headers or menus, also with a custom theme...

Smugmug help page Customization: How do I Create and Customize Pages? says:
Pages are end points in the hierarchy, similar to galleries BUT they do not require the addition of photos. They provide you with a completely blank slate to which you can add content, themes or advanced customization to create a page that is truly unique to you.

...But when I create a new custom page, it inherits all properties from 'entire site' and doesn't allow you to delete any of them.

I suspect that I can't do what I want without removing everything from 'entire site' and adding it to 'all galleries' and 'home page' separately. Kind of a pain, as I don't think I can just move those elements, I need to delete them and then rebuild them again... Menus are custom, multi-level, and took a while to get right.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2013
    Logos and menus are assigned a specific class name so those can be hidden with CSS on you page.
    I originally used a single photo in my header but it changes name every page so I switched it to a logo.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    rhtrht Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2013
    As mentioned above, you can use CSS on the appropriate properties to remove them with display:none; = but may I ask why wish to do this? It's probably an unusual user experience to take the user out of the context of the main website and navigation that they are familiar with.
    w: Reheat Images
    Torn between cycling and photography!