Options

Landscapes from Europe - first time post!

MartinJDMartinJD Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited October 31, 2013 in Landscapes
Hi

Just wanted to share some of my favorite Landscape's taken over the last couple of years, more images on my website..

C&C Welcome
Church of Our Lord

4586473346_a70ca0427a_o-L.jpg

Summer Time

Summer%20Time-L.jpg

Pebble Mill

Pebble%20Mill-L.jpg

Frozen Forest

Frozen%20Forest-L.jpg

North Sea

beach%20fix%202-L.jpg

The Birds

untitled-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2013
    These are all very well seen and very well processed. Welcome to dgrin! The toning in "Church of Our Lord" is phenomenal and "The Birds" is probably my favorite image if for nothing else than visually the birds seem to serve as a distraction rather than the main subject. By calling it "The Birds", you've called them out and forced my eye to examine the birds and their relation to the scene.

"Pebble Mill" is well executed, but to me, that one just makes me sad to see the man-made factories/industry in such a beautiful area. If you're making commentary on that (and I believe you are), then I think you've succeeded.

All in all, you have quite the eye and I look forward to seeing more of your work.
  • Options
    MartinJDMartinJD Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2013
    karlabbott wrote: »
    These are all very well seen and very well processed. Welcome to dgrin!

Thank you!

The toning in "Church of Our Lord" is phenomenal and "The Birds" is probably my favorite image if for nothing else than visually the birds seem to serve as a distraction rather than the main subject. By calling it "The Birds", you've called them out and forced my eye to examine the birds and their relation to the scene.

Yes, the Church of our Lord "Christuskirche" is probably my favorite photo of all! By mistake I converted it to Black and White and added a faint blue tone under the split toning options within LightRoom "A modified Preset" - This photo was taken in Hallstatt Austria" during a short camping trip and shot with a Canon 5D Mark II, EF 24-70 @ 74 Seconds. I was also very lucky to have it featured in "Digital Photography Magazine"
    i-8CXmwRr-M.jpg

The Birds was taken close to my home, the windmill is infact a fake one used as an observation tower overlooking the military training area.

"Pebble Mill" is well executed, but to me, that one just makes me sad to see the man-made factories/industry in such a beautiful area. If you're making commentary on that (and I believe you are), then I think you've succeeded.

All in all, you have quite the eye and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Pebble Mill due to the piles of pebbles to the right of the main mechanics - It has indeed spoilt the local scenery, there are a number of these dotted around the area - mainly used for extracting the sand from the bed of lakes. In summer the lakes are full of locals bathing and sailing.

This was the first time I had experienced using Cokin Filters and very quickly I noticed the pink cast - instead of taking it out during post I kept it because it really enhanced the overall look of the image - since I have moved on to lee Filters!

Thank you for taking the time to view my work!

...here's another image from Austria - Early Bird catches the worm as they say!
    All Alone

4588655824_e1706710f3_o-L.jpg

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 17, 2013
    Welcome to Dgrin Landscapes Forum, Martin! clap.gif

Beautiful set of images. And congrats on the publication! Looking forward to more of your participation in the forum. thumb.gif
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2013
    Winners all! Yes Sir!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    loved this set! fine work! "All Alone" my fav.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    Nice entrance to dgrin!! The church, the mill, and the forest are all very nice! I like your style of portrait shots as well. thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    kdog wrote: »
    Welcome to Dgrin Landscapes Forum, Martin! clap.gif

Beautiful set of images. And congrats on the publication! Looking forward to more of your participation in the forum. thumb.gif

I agree, welcome!