Options

left nav questions

amf digital mediaamf digital media Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited October 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi there! I just purchased my Smugmug membership yesterday... Things have been pretty easy thus far, with the exception of the left nav. I'm trying to get 12 pixels of margin between the center and left frames on the followings page:

http://amfdigitalmedia.smugmug.com/Services/Photography/Product

I've tried modifying pretty much every class in the area... right margin to the left column, left margin to the center, etc., but it blows out and/or otherwise distorts the site.

Speaking of the left nav, is there a way to replicate it throughout other Pages? I plan on implementing the same nav throughout all the Services pages.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    If you have set your content blocks to a specific number of pixels, I would change that to "stretchy" and then select % of screen width plus change the margins of each block.
    Maybe that is not the reason, but I would check it out.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    James DeanJames Dean Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 11, 2013
    I too am wondering how to adjust the width of the Nav Bar. I am using the Turbo theme and need to slightly increase the width of the left Nab Bar. AceCo55, I noted that you were suggesting to adjust the number of pixels in the content box but I don't know how to accomplish that, can you help me out?
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    is there a way to replicate it throughout other Pages? I plan on implementing the same nav throughout all the Services pages.

When customizing your site, make sure that the navbar is placed on "Entire Site", not just on "Homepage"
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2013
    James Dean wrote: »
    I too am wondering how to adjust the width of the Nav Bar. I am using the Turbo theme and need to slightly increase the width of the left Nab Bar. AceCo55, I noted that you were suggesting to adjust the number of pixels in the content box but I don't know how to accomplish that, can you help me out?

Thanks for the input Ace!

James, I figured it out something that works for my specific implementation... For this specific page, I have the Layout > Left Width set to 200px. Since I'm only using the left nav on a handful of pages, I added CSS below the left nav of the Pages in question using Content > Content Blocks > HTML & CSS > CSS. The code is as follows:

.sm-page-layout-region-left {
    width:194px !important;
    }

You can see an example here: http://amfdigitalmedia.smugmug.com/Services/Technology
  • Options
    RmurrayPhotoRmurrayPhoto Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 12, 2013
    Is there a way to lock the left navbar so that it does not increase in size while viewing on a ipad and an image is zoomed? The specific problem I'm trying to solve is viewing our Aurora webcam at www.AlaskaAuroraCam.com It loads great both on the iPhone and the PC browser but when on the iPad becasue of the float percentages for size it's a bit small so you need to zoom the image to make it larger. When this is done, the navbar zooms as well and takes over the page. Any ideas?

Also, is there a tweak to allow some sort of auto refresh script? I've not found a way around the need to manually reload the webcam.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited: For now I've unpinned the navbar and this has solved the issue. It would be great it I could leave the sidebar pinned and have it perform the same as it does now.
  • Options
    thestartrailthestartrail Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2013
    how did you get the nav links to expand when clicked on your bar?
    I only get the "hover" expansion
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2013
    how did you get the nav links to expand when clicked on your bar?
    I only get the "hover" expansion

If you click into the Menu block, there's a Layout option called Accordion.